Why do Meat eaters think that meat is 'healthy' and has 'many health benefits'?

I've also never understood why people think "animals were put on the earth for us". Because surely if you read the Bible(if you believe that), you'd understand that animals came before Adam and Eve. If you don't read the Bible, you'd know that animals came before humans did anyway, through... show more I've also never understood why people think "animals were put on the earth for us". Because surely if you read the Bible(if you believe that), you'd understand that animals came before Adam and Eve. If you don't read the Bible, you'd know that animals came before humans did anyway, through evolution.
Update: I've not understood this, can a meat eater explain?
Update 2: Gemini, I have done my research thanks. You should go on the PETA website and look at how that chicken ended up on your plate. I think everyone should be brought up watching and knowing how the meat got on their plate. That way they can make their own decisions... Meat isn't healthy and causes heart attacks,... show more Gemini, I have done my research thanks. You should go on the PETA website and look at how that chicken ended up on your plate. I think everyone should be brought up watching and knowing how the meat got on their plate. That way they can make their own decisions... Meat isn't healthy and causes heart attacks, high cholesterol and obesity.. and the animals are treated horrendously, we don't have the right to kill them animals in such a disgusting way in this day & age.