promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Muslims, if an angel comes and tells you that the Qu'ran is wrong...?

Would you believe the angel, why or why not?

Update:

Deedat, Muhammad believed he met a demons who gave him revelation.

We both agree this revelation ( the Quran) is not in agreement with the word of God that was available to him.

Muhammad chose to believe the spirit rather than the scriptures.

I ask you... if you had the same experience as the man you call prophet..would you believe the spirit or the word of God?

Update 2:

Seraph, Muhammad chose to follow a spirit that disagreed with the word of God available to him..why is it you would not do as your prophet?

Update 3:

Curious, Doesn't Islam teach the word of God became corrupt and Muhamamd received a revelation from a spirit that was not in agreement with the written word of God available to him? Was Muhammad wrong to believe a spirit that disagreed with scriptures?

Update 4:

Race 2 4giveness of Allah, I competely agree with you. Wonder why Muhammad did not do this?

Update 5:

Light, So when your prophet received his revelation that disagreed with the word of God he should have known it was Satan correct?

Update 6:

Good answers my Muslim friends...If a spirit disagrees with scripture he must be Satan...So why do you follow a man who followed a spirit you yourself say must have been Satan that disagreed with the scriptures?

Update 7:

So why do you follow a man who would reject the word of God and believed the spirit that disagreed with the word of God? Each of you say the spirit that disagreed with the scriptures you would have known was Satan..yet you choose to follow a man who you think believed Satan over the word of God.

Update 8:

Truthseeker, Jesus does not teach you to follow Islam. Jesus is the good news and the word of God according to the Quran. The good news has not changed it is the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

You should learn to test a spirit with the word of God as directed by God.

Those who trust any spirit they hear will follow the teachings of demons.

Any spirit or prophet has to be tested with the word of God and the words of the prophets.

Islam is not in agreement with the word of God spoke to Moses nor given to any of the prophets nor is in it in agreement with the teachings of Jesus Christ. So the spirit you are listening to is not Jesus Christ.

Update 9:

Zena, before a man knows an angel or a prophet is sent by God he must test the spirit with the word of God and the words of the prophets.

The Bible never taught to trust every spirit that claims to be from God.

Obviously many false prophets made this claim.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Update 10:

Saya, If a spirit teaches against the word of God the spirit or the prophet is not from God.. This warning is throughout God's word beginning with the books of Moses.

Which makes Muhammad a false prophet according to the word of God.

Update 11:

ALLAHU, How is it you follow a man who believed a spirit that taught against the scriptures...and you say that is wrong?

Update 12:

Toor, Didn't Muhammad trust a spirit that disagreed with the written word of God available to him? Are you saying that spirit was Satan?

Update 13:

4thestraightpath. As a Christian you were taught to beware of false prophets? How were you taught to identify false prophets? Was it according to the word of God?

How is ti you now call yourself Muslimah? Have you found the Quran to be in agreement with the word of God? When the word of God teaches that those who reject the Son of God is antichrist did you decide that Islam accepts the Son of God?

Update 14:

fazal, Very very good point...You are absolutely correct that this antichrist will come and claim things contrary ot the word of God and he will claim to be Jesus Christ and is not Jesus Christ.

We were warned of the antichrist by the word of God..very good.

Update 15:

Libbo, Let's make it a direct question just for you. When a spirit disagrees with God was it wise to trust the spirit rather than the word of God?

The man you have chose to follow rejected God's word to follow a spirit that he could not know was from God.

So why do you follow a man who trusted a spirit that disagreed with God?

Update 16:

Somehow I think some of you are missing the point. Muhammad met with a spirit he first believed was a demon and this spirit gave him revelation that disagreed with the scriptures..now each of you say if this were you..you would have concluded this spirit was Satan and yet each of you follow the man who accepted the wrod of a spirit that disagreed with the scriptures.

Update 17:

Wazeer, So what of Muhammad? He chose a spirit he first believed to be a demon over the available scriptures from God.

Update 18:

Is God really subject to what we believe? I believe there is a way to know God and it is through his word but also by his revelation. God can guide us in his truth, but we do not follow spirits and men that disagree with his word and all spirits and prophets should be tested with his word.

So I agree with all of you that the spirit that spoke with Muhammad should have been in agreement with the word of God and we can see this spirit spoke against the scriptures which means this spirit could not be from God and even if we decide he was we had no verification from God. How did this spirit prove he was from God? Is God's word simply left to our judgment to decide? If God's word is dependent on our judgment..why do we need a written word at all? We decided what we thought was good. Seems to be a major problem to me.

Update 19:

Lexi, Amen Sis, God made it clear throughout his word how to test a spirit or a prophet with his word and the words of the prophets. There is no argument for corrupt scriptures. God's word is good if not we have no hope.

It would be insane if God did not care about his word..there would be know way to know the truth but by our own corrupt judgment and no point to a written word of God at all. It would all be a judgment call by imperfect sinners.

Praise be to God that he gave us his truth and gives us a way to test the prophets and the deceiving spirits.

This is an obvious flaw in the teachings of Islam that their God did not care about his own word and the only way they can know what is true is by their own limited and imperfect flesh and blood understanding.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Million of muslims around the world are having dreams of Jesus and are coming to Christ. Angels of God appear as human beings not mythical creatures (djinns) - I have heard many testimonies of this happening. Interesting that none of these angels ever tell people about islam the so called "the final religion" lol.

Mohammed playgerised the Bible and doubt they have read the quran either. God told us in the Bible and his word would not change - what kind of God would he be if 600 years later he changed his mind and indeed sent a whispering angel to a insane bedouin! No God I would want to worship. Here is a good site about it http://www.gilead.ws/answeringislam.html

Colossians 2:1-6

I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not met me personally. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this SO THAT NO-ONE MAY DECEIVE YOU BY FINE SOUNDING ARGUMENTS. For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.

FALSE PROPHETS:

Matthew 24:24-26

24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Mark 13:21-23

21At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ[a]!' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

Luke 21:8-9

8He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. 9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

WHISPERING ANGELS:

Galatians 1

1Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2and all the brothers with me, 
 To the churches in Galatia:

3Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No Other Gospel

6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

@4thestraightpath - you are not a Christian my dear so don't say you are.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are right. I study up on many things and found these things out too. Former Muslims have written books as well as those who know them well and they tell that the light really shined when Jesus came into their lives, and that Mohammad is a false prophet. They wouldn't have to go around threatening people all the time the way they do if they were not false and satanic both.

• 1 decade ago

Isn't it ironic that the Muslims who have answered here are so sure God wouldn't change their Quran but lean on the excuse that God allowed the Bible to be corrupted? And couldn't keep the first book straight, but that this time no problem??

• 1 decade ago

(((djman)))

God will show them that the quran is wrong if they would just let Him!

Muslims need to really read their own texts and the Bible to see how Muhammad was deceived. Muhammad thought he was possessed or a poet, both of which he detested, after he met with the "spirit". He became suicidal. How could an Angel of Our Lord cause such horrible feelings? Gabriel who came to Mary and reassured her when she was afraid. She was never suicidal and never doubted, as Muhammad did. She wasn't a man or a great prophet! Why was she calmed by Gabriel and Muhammad was attacked and aggitated? Obviously they didn't meet the same being.

Ibn Ishaq’s “Sirat Rasul Allah,” The Life of Muhammad translated by A. Guillaume, p. 106: (Muhammad Speaking) “Now none of God’s creatures was more hateful to me than an (ecstatic) poet or a man possessed: I could not even look at them. I thought, Woe is me poet or possessed — Never shall the Quraysh say this of me! I will go to the top of the mountain and throw myself down that I may kill myself and gain rest.”

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 2:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).

The spirit that came to Muhammad was mean!

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3:

Narrated 'Aisha:

...The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" ...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Koran and Muslims

All muslims believe everything in the Qur'an

The Quran is a record of the exact words revealed by God through the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad `peace be upon him.' It was memorized by Muhammad `peace be upon him' and then dictated to his Companions, and written down by scribes, who cross-checked it during his lifetime. Not one word of its 114 chapters, Suras, has been changed over the centuries, so that the Quran is in every detail the unique and miraculous text which was revealed to Muhammad `peace be upon him' fourteen centuries ago.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947/Qur-1.htm

Hebrews 13:

New International Version (©1984)

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Bible

Ministering Angels

Hebrews 1:14 says about angels, "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

Bible

The Koran was given to Mohammed by Gabriel .. I think the Muslims

would want Gabriet to Come and Correct .. Personally. before they would redact any sources.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Allah Himself has promised to maintain the authenticity of the Qu'ran. When one studies the Qu'ran, one finds that everything in it is true.

Angels on the other hand are beings made up of light and they have no will of their own...they cannot simply come up to someone and say that the Qu'ran is wrong.

And angels don't come up to just anyone...they come to really pious people, on Allah's command, carrying messages from Him.

You seriously need to get your facts right.

Since you know so much, you would also know that Prophet Muhammed is known as the Seal of Prophethood. He is the last Prophet. All the other Prophets came with messages that applied to limited areas but he was given the Qu'ran, which is universal. That is why its safety is assured by Allah.

Throughout Islamic history, many steps were taken, by the Prophet and the Sahabis to ensure its authenticity. Angel Jibreal used to come to the Holy Prophet in human form occasionally and asked him questions regarding faith. They also used to check and read the revelations regularly.

The person who stated that the Holy Prophet went suicidal after meeting Angel Jibrael is wrong too. While it is true that he believed he was being inspired by jinns and sometimes got on the verge of suicide, it is also true that this fear was not striked by the angel, but by the fact that he was not recieving any further revelations.

He later went to his wife's cousin Warqah bin Naufal who had extensive knowledge of the Old Testament and the Gospel. First, he was an idol worshipper, but he later became a Christian as he observed that their religion seemed more truthful. He was a Christian when the Prophet met him and he explained that the being who visited him is none other than Angel Jibreal himself, the same Angel who visited Moses and the other Prophets.

You might also like to know that the Holy Prohet (pbuh) has had direct dialogue with God. It strengthened his faith. We Muslims know of the whole incident. It is called Isra and Miraj.

• 1 decade ago

Assalamualaikum (Peace be upon you)

No I wouldn't believe it for 2 reasons.

One is intellectually I see an abundance of proofs within the Glorious Quran telling me it's the true word of God, so the "angel" would have to disprove the Quran intellectually which he won't be able to do.

Two is this "angel" could actually be a devil (evil Jinn) in disguise so I shouldn't fall for his apparent angelic appearance

And Allah knows best

May Allah provide guidance

Salaam

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't believe it.

As a Christian I was taught to be aware of false Prophet. Jesus/Isa never said another Prophet would not come. Nor did he say ANY and Every Prophet after him was wrong. Just to be aware of the false Prophets.

As a Muslimah I am taught that Muhammad SAW is the final Prophet. There is no more. Thanks to Allah SWT for taking that burden away.

Edit@ Lexi.. No I'm not a Christian. Perhaps you made a mistake when you read my answer.

• 1 decade ago

If an angel comes and tells you that the Jesus is not the son of the God but a prophet would u believe the angel? why or not?

As to answer your Q, no i won't. As the angel being a real angel is highly impossible.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Muslims never believes a saitan..

EDIT : Angels never lie. Saitan can only lie. Surely it must be a Saitan. Yes Jesus(pbuh) is a Muslim & can u believe this..

What else u want. Read all the Muslim answers here & get true knowledge about Islam.. May ALLAH guide u..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.