What do the Pittsburgh Pirates need to do this offseason?

i would say relief pitching. but it doesnt hurt to find some offensive help either.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Wow Patrick, you have proven you know nothing about the Pirates. They just got a new owner in 2007 Bob Nutting, along with Frank Coonelly, and a new GM, Neil Huntington. The Pirates are finally rebuilding by creating a stable minor league system. A solid MLB team starts in the minors, and trading mediocre players like Morgan, McLouth, Sanchez, and Wilson has vastly improved the Pirates for the future. This offseason, the Pirates need an all round pitching staff. Relief pitching is a must, but they shouldn't sign anyone because it would interrupt the process they have begun. People say that they need to spend more money, but they could go on a spending spree this offseason and it would do nothing. They need to continue on the path they are on, and they will be a great team within the next few years. I can't wait to see Pedro Alvarez and Tony Sanchez in Bucco uniforms. All we can do now is wait, because they have the talent to develop. Let's Go Bucs!

• 1 decade ago

Pitching, They need to go out and Sign one or two good Veteran pitchers that can come in post some numbers, and teach the young hurlers how to do it. These Vets could be some good traidbait at the trade deadline as well.

The bullpen is another issue, Sign a couple of good free agent dealers, then of course the waiver wire has some good arms.

The offense looks great, I think they need a first baseman though.. Maybe Garret Jones?

• 1 decade ago

They need relief pitching, especially left handers. Besides Evan Meek, were there any decent relievers on that team?

They do need offense, but if the bullpen was better, they would have won at least 5 more games.

• 1 decade ago

Get a new owner who cares about winning, fire the GM and like another person answered, develop the farm system. I feel horrible for the Pirates, it at least looks like the Royals want to win, they just make stupid moves like Jose Guillen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Develop their farm system and they were be a good team if they keep their players

• 1 decade ago

Well if they want to spend money they could try the FREE AGENCY Market which seems to be getting littered with bottom feeding talent.

• 1 decade ago

if they were to become a single A or double A team, they would have a lot better chance of breaking .500

• 1 decade ago

Nothing really. They have to wait for there young farm system to develop and not trade it away.

Source(s): ESPN and my knowledge
  • 1 decade ago

Sell their team to a city where fans care about the team

• 1 decade ago

Work on there batting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.