What do you think about the passing of Obama's Health Care plan?

Favorite Answer

I think it is one step on the process to the reform that the American people deserve. A pity that there are so many politicians taking thirty pieces of silver from the (un)insurance companies to stop this taking place though.

I do not understand why so many Americans have fallen for lies about healthcare in the USA, abroad and also the planned reforms [1]. I mean, if the healthcare system in the USA is so good, why have no other nations taken it up? Could it be due to the following facts?

FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [2].

FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [3].

Or if the US healthcare system is run so well, why not run the fire service like the healthcare system? [4]

Maybe that is because in the USA, insurance companies push up costs, buy politicians and refuse to pay claims that people pay for [5]. (Look up Wendell Potter on YouTube to hear more if the link below is too long.)

Obama wants to make insurance cheaper, stop insurance companies from refusing health coverage to those with pre-existing conditions, and make sure they pay out when they are meant to [6], a system similar to that which works in Taiwan [7]. He debated this before he was elected [8].

Is it right that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in Canada, Cuba, Germany and so many other industrialised nations with universal healthcare?

If you think my arguments are wrong, e-mail me with proof. But if you can not, let Obama try to help America. If he fails, vote him out in 2012.

That nothing can be done for the preexisting condition the Democrats have --called Insanity

Now we must work hard to fix our BROKEN government , before it breaks all of us

this bill is total Socialism , which has little to nothing to do with YOUR health care

But as Nancy said it was a Bipartisan bill, 219 Democrats and 1 ( one ) soon to be very rich Republican**********************************