Who ere some of the most influential civil rights leaders and activists in history?

I am working on a project and need 11-12 of the most influential and positive civil rights leaders and activists. I currently only have American leaders such as Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Frederick Douglass, Mart McCleod Bethune, Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy. Some of these of course were more active than others, but I would like to try to be as diverse as possible. Can someone give me some more from other areas of the world? Even if it is more Americans it would help, but I would prefer some from other countries our other areas. This does not need to only be African American Civil Rights as the project is dealing with racism of all kinds, not just black and white.

Favorite Answer

Malcolm X, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela.

• Rudy H

If I were a lib I'd say...Stalin...Mao...Castro...Che Guava Jelly....you know... guys like that.