Will Obama succeed in shutting down Fox News?

It's been said that Obama obsesses over Fox News and how he can shut it down more than anything else. He spends more time thinking about this than any other "issue". Will Obama succeed in shutting down Fox News? Will he start putting the wheels into motion to destroy Fox or will he wait for the perfect pretext?

Favorite Answer

I dislike fox news but the US Government does not have the right to censor what it feels to be unreasonable, the only way fox can go away if morons start listening to what they are saying and actually clarify stuff. But Obama should not shut down Fox.

• Stan

It's about time someone exposed the extreme bias at Fox news.

Rather then attack individuals, like Hannity, or Beck, and increasing their ratings, Obama attacked the whole station, which further educates the masses into the realization that Fox is not fair and balanced.

This was a win-win situation for Obama.

You know what looks immature and foolish. Fox News obsession with the opinions of white house staff.

I just took 3 minutes and copied articles about this apparent 'attack on personal freedoms!' I think this defines obsession.

- Is Obama Threatening Press Freedom?

- White House Picks Its Targets

- Time for Obama to Quit Attacks, Grow Up

- Fox News As Enemy

- The White House Wars!

- Krauthammer on Fox News as Enemy

- Obama Compares Fox News to Talk Radio, Says He's Not 'Losing Sleep' Over Controversy

- White House Cites Opinion Shows as Basis for Fox News Complaints

- Obama Team Continues Effort to Isolate Fox News

- House Republicans Defend Conservative Commentators, Decry White House Feud

- Administration Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

Do they really need a dozen separate articles pertaining to the same issue?

"It's been said that Obama obsesses over Fox News and how he can shut it down more than anything else. He spends more time thinking about this than any other "issue". "

If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Source(s): Sibe (cute avatar) thanks -- looks like Fox is the obsessed party.

Fox News is working with Obama. Fox is very clever in disguising their liberalism as conservatism.

Don't you knew, if that happened, all news channels would be in trouble! I myself would be kicking down congress's door, and booting everyone out! It's call freedom of the press! If someone can not disagree with someone, without getting stood up against a wall and shot, "Remember Hitler?" that no one is safe!

• LadyB

He has no intention nor desire to shut down any television station, nor does he have the power.

Isn't it about time some of you in the Fox cult researched the facts before you come on here and prove your ignorance?

Obama would be totally exposed for the Marxist he is if he shut Fox News down. He certainly wants them to fail, but it would be political suicide to keep up these shenanigans.

his intentions aren't to shut them down, I doubt he has time to obsess over them either. he simply criticized the info they present as inaccurate which is well within his rights to do so.

Fortunately for all of us,The media as a whole understands that if 0bama can kill Fox any one or all of them could be next.

He will have to take on the entire media industry to take down Fox.