Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Re: Sally, are Christians and atheists (and others) all that different?

Sally put up a pretty interesting question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As2Vw...

Concerning whether the morality of Christians and atheists is very different.

However, I feel she chose moral issues which are specifically dividers between the two groups. So, I wanted to see whether we'd get a different effect with some questions which I consider to be more of a neutral ground:

0) What's your religious affiliation?

1) Should the government control banks?

2) Is offensive warfare ever justified?

3) Should immigration be limited or open?

4) What's more important: stimulating growth or protecting the environment?

5) Should rich countries erase the debts of poor countries?

6) Should prisoners be allowed to vote?

Oh and please star this question... many answers needed to tell anything meaningful...

Favorite Answer

0. atheist

1. No, I prefer small community banks. I wouldn't care if they ran some banks as long as people had more options.

2. No.. there are always other ways of dealing with things. Obviously you gotta defend yourself if needed, but in general no.

3. hmmm I definitely think people should go through the proper procedures of moving to another country. I don't care how many move as long as they get cleared first.

4. Stimulating growth WHILE protecting the environment. There are so many ways to build with the environment in mind. You could build homes for a whole country with all the recyclables people put in the dump.

5. No... I'm sure there could be some major barter system made up if they couldn't pay off their debts. Economies crash and rebuild all the time.

6. Yes...everyone has an opinion. I don't think taking their right to vote away is that big of a punishment anyway. Take away all the comforts they have instead.

• ?

i won't communicate to R&S, yet Atheists, and different secularists, do no longer all agree between ourselves. ONe remark above, is in part appropriate: We share a skepticism related to the Bible's GOd and related to the fee of religion. On many different issues, i'm effective we disagree. some persons variety on how useful it is to debate and comprehend the Bible. One woman in a collection I meet with, asked me why I care what the Bible says. i'm effective that some persons are Republican and a few Democrat. some persons could additionally be professional-existence. there is not any logical clarification why an atheist won't be professional-existence, anti-gay or the rest. Christians additionally variety, and so as that they share different issues. Like maximum contrasts between believers and unbelievers, i think of this one is beside the factor. the undertaking is the info for or against propositions that non secular human beings espouse and the info for or against propositions that secularists espouse. plenty previous that too often strays into advert hominem.

0. Christian

1. If they get "too big to fail"

2. No.

3. Limited.

4. Protecting the environment (all the growth ends up in the hands of the wealthy, and the poor get to feel the environmental effects)

5. Yes

6. Yes

• ?

0) Christian

1) No

2) Yes

3) limited

4) stimulating growth (we're broke, greenies-- gotta' feed our families)

5) Um no, it's called sovereignty

6) No

This was really a political question, not a religious one. There are Christians in both parties and all over the political spectrum.

Source(s): I do like your question better than Sally's, which I ignored. Too trite.
  • Leo

Her question ignores who is getting divorced, who is pro choice and who supports doctor assisted suicides. She seems to be assuming that Christians don't support any of those things when that simply isn't the case.

0.atheist

1.ideally not

2.no

3.limited based upon what jobs need filled and how many jobs

empty

4.neither, can't pick

5no

6.yes

i don't know Sally....

and ANYTHING man is trying to control will never stand in the end !!!