anyone have a good and easy recipe for homemade rolls?

i am looking for a recipe for some homemade rolls that are easy to make to go with soup. anyone have any recipes?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Whole wheat flour

white bread flour

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons canola oil

1 1/2 cup warm water

1 tablespoon active dry yeast

1/2 tsp salt

Directions

In a large mixing bowl combine the water and the yeast. Make sure the water is nice and warm but not hot. If the water is too hot it will kill the yeast.

Let the water/yeast mixture sit for a few minutes and then add the honey, oil and salt and stir.

Add 1 cup white flour and mix well until there are no lumps. Add another cup of white flour and do the same. Then begin to add the wheat flour a little at a time and continue to mix until you have a nice workable dough. The dough should be moist but not sticky. Once you can knead the dough, turn it out on a flat surface and knead it for a few minutes. Break off slightly bigger than golf ball size pieces and form them into a smooth ball by kneading them in your hand. Place them on a greased cookie sheet, or a pizza stone and place them in a cold oven. Once they are in the oven, turn the oven on to 375 degrees and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve with your favorite soup or stew!

• Jo M
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Lynette K's recipe looks very similar to Fleischmann's yeast "90-Minute Dinner Rolls" from the early 1980's.

But it had a step to let the dough balls double in size in a greased baking pan. And then baking in a *preheated* oven.

This would give you taller, lighter and finer textured rolls (but still coarser than raised-two-times traditional dinner rolls) .

In my current electric oven, letting it heat up to baking temperature with the cake or bread inside would burn it badly on the bottom before the top browned.

I once had an electric oven (man I hated that oven!) that was designed to heat for baking (not just preheating, like newer models have) with both the top (broiler) and bottom elements! So it would have really burned top and bottom if the cold start method were used.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

EASY HOMEMADE ROLLS

1 stick butter

2 c. buttermilk baking mix

1 (8 oz.) sour cream

Melt butter, mix with buttermilk baking mix, add sour cream. Spoon into ungreased muffin tin and bake at 450 degrees about 10 minutes. Yields 1 dozen.

• 4 years ago

Buy Pillsbury crescent roll dough & make it into a bun shape. Melt some fat lard in a large pot (the fat lard should be about 1-2 inches deep.) Throw the "buns" in the hot fat lard and keep them in there until golden brown. Great for kids, too!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I Quit
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

1 cup warm water

2 tbs.sugar

3 tbs. butter

3 cups flour

2 1/4 tsp.yeast

• 1 decade ago

Look up "Fluffiest Buttermilk Biscuits" at Cooks.com - best I've ever had.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.