What is with people thinking that extended breastfeeding=not eating solids?

or not eating with a spoon/fork?
or being spoonfed?

Could some of you anti-extended breastfeeding people tell me where you're getting your "facts" from? Could you tell me why you think because I plan to nurse my son past one he suddenly won't be getting any solid food?
Update: It's just out of curiosity...
Every time there's any argument on here about extended breastfeeding someone brings up that "toddlers should be eating solid food at that age".
Update 2: "I've actually really wondered that. How come you don't do sippy cup, or a regular cup? Bottle fed babies are 'supposed' to be off the bottle and binky at one, so why isn't your goal to get the baby off of the boob, isn't that too a comfort thing?" I don't do a sippy or... show more "I've actually really wondered that. How come you don't do sippy cup, or a regular cup? Bottle fed babies are 'supposed' to be off the bottle and binky at one, so why isn't your goal to get the baby off of the boob, isn't that too a comfort thing?"

I don't do a sippy or regular cup because I don't need to. There's no reason to. I have breasts.
Formula doesn't offer benefits past the age of one, while breast milk does.
It's not *just* comfort. It still has nutritional benefits.
Update 3: None of the tds are from me.
Update 4: To clarify, my son does have a sippy of water and occasionally juice or milk with meals. But not breast milk in the cup.
Update 5: I don't know what the tds are about GGM. :( You got a thumbs up from me.