Is the Swine Flu vaccine dangerous ?

It's been said that the H1N1 vaccine is very dangerous and has terrible side effects that can result to death, is this true ??...

• UNCOLA
    Favorite Answer

There have been over 100,000 million H1N1 vaccines given world wide. Have you heard of a single death? It's just as safe as any other influenza vaccine. Don't listen to crazy rumors, the vaccine is very safe. People do die from the flu though.

Don't believe everything you hear, many lies have been spread about the vaccine. Can the swine flu vaccine result in death? Yes. Can the seasonal flu vaccine result in death? Yes. Can a tetanus vaccine result in death? Yes. Can a polio vaccine result in death? Yes. It all depends on how your body reacts to the vaccine. It is very unlikely that you will die or experience negative side effects, however everyone's body is different and everyone reacts to the vaccines differently.

Source(s): I've studied chemistry and biology in college, I know a thing or two about medicine.
  • yes,it is dangerous matter of factly plus they did not test them.

There was a study.

Nobody knows what causes GBS. Sometimes, it's thought to be an autoimmune disorder. People did get it after (and as a result of) taking the swine flu vaccine in the 1970s, but people get it without having taken the vaccine. My father is a person who had GBS but not as a result of the vaccine.

The current vaccine may cause a relapse in some GBS patients. The GBS/CIDP Foundation says, "If a patient’s GBS episode was associated with the influenza vaccine be aware that there may be a risk of a repeat episode. Patients who have recently had GBS within 3-6 months should be cautious when considering any vaccine."

They also say, "Anyone who has a history of GBS and is in higher risk groups, including the elderly and those with other serious illnesses, should consider getting vaccinated."

Having said all that, I won't take any flu vaccines, but that's an emotional response to what I saw when my father had it (it's pretty horrible, scary stuff); my decision is not a rational one.

Any new vaccine has a slight chance of being dangerous to at least one person in the population. The reason is usually some time of allergy to the components of the vaccine but this is a very rare occurrence. The real reason vaccines are dangerous is because once you've had the vaccine, the virus enters your body and since your body has built up an immunity thanks to the vaccine, the virus will stealthily mutate and become a new killer which people will again freak out about and a new vaccine will be made and the circle goes on and on and on

I don't think that the vaccine is dangerous if you get it from a proper Doctor or GP. What it does is it injects a "dead fingerprint" of the real virus. This fingerprint cant infect you. It is injected so your immune system can have a copy of the disease and knows how to deal with it if you do get infected. How your body reacts to just having an injection or something like that is different but i think that it's pretty safe lol. If your really concerned go to a Doctor or health clinic and ask about how it would affect you personally. Hope this helps ya :D

Source(s): Me!!

The vaccine itself is by utilising no potential new- this style of virus, novel h1n1, is. For all different applications that is a common flu shot. for many folk, quite youthful people who're extra vulnerable to contracting and experiencing issues from this actual virus, some large advantages of vaccination outweigh the hazards. confer with the guy who's vaccinating you, they provide you a style explaining the hazards and the advantages.

The H1N1 vaccine is probably not all that dangerous, however; I wouldnt go for it. More people have died from the regular flu than H1N1...If you regulary get a flu shot, then go for it, get the shot. I myself never get the shots and never get sick, so I am not going to waist tax dollars and make the inventor dood rich for something that I really dont need. If I do get sick, then whatever I get sick, I deal with it, I move on...This H1N1 thing is really starting to make me angry...lol...TOO MUCH HYPE ABOUT IT...lol

sry :P

My dr told me not to get one, since it just came out and the testing was done in a hurry. Also, that pregnant women should not get it, although news and stuff like that has said to get it, but 16+ pregnant women have died from it. So all in all, yes it is dangerous, but unless you got a severe case of the swine flu, from the vaccine, or had unsual or uncommon side effects, death would not be likely.

Source(s): Doctor!

It has a deadly result for pregnant women, children, and elderyly people over the age of 70. However, this is only because they have not tested these three subjects. It isnt likely it could kill you but just because they havent tested everyone is freaking out about it. Now another dangerous side affect is through the nasal spray version. You can be highly contagious with the nasal spray because it takes about 3 days for the nasal spray to actually spread to your immune system. Also with the nasal spray, some doctors have verified that the nasal spray patients have had the dose drip out of their nose.

So as long as your not pregnant, over 75, or an infant you should be okay. ALSO DON'T GIVE YOUR CHILD THE FLU SHOT AFTER YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM TYLENOL. Tylenol can and highly will pay a role in increasing the odds of the infant to get the flu.

ALSO LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR WHEN HE SAYS WAIT IN THE HOSPITAL OR CLINIC FOR 15-20 MINUTES. People have shown that some do have allergic reactions to the vaccine that could result to heart problems, breathing problems, etc.

• Yea it is... did you know it has blood and mercury in it?

It turns out, the new H1N1 vaccine (the one that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and even President Obama have been pushing so strongly) contains an ingredient that may have some parents worrying. Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that has been phased out of childhood immunizations since 2001 due to concerns that the preservative MAY be linked to autism. But thimerosal (which is about half-mercury) will be found in most vials of the H1N1 vaccine. However, it may be possible to find doses that are thimerosal-free if you ask for single-dose shots. According to the CDC, "Single-dose syringes will be thimerosal-free, which will address concerns about this additive, especially regarding pediatric and pregnant vaccine recipients (inhaler sprayer vaccine products also will be thimerosal-free)."

The sheer amount of news stories, studies, interviews and papers released on the potential link between childhood vaccines and autism is nothing short of mind-numbing — as is the amount of finger-pointing, contradictions and paranoia that exists on both sides of the debate. For every study that you find that either proves or disproves the connection between vaccines and autism, you will find a laundry list of concerns regarding the way the studies were set up and who funded them.

Complicating the issue further is the possibility that the link between autism and vaccines (if there is one) may not be clear cut. It's entirely possible that vaccines may trigger autism in children who are "genetically susceptible" to the disease. It's also possible that it is not any one vaccine (or vaccine component) that can be linked to autism — but rather the fact that so many vaccines are given in so short a time — that may cause trigger the onset of autism.

In other words, regardless of your stance on the vaccine/autism issue, there is no shortage of information to support and/or refute your claim. I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one online. But I do think that parents need to learn as much as they can about these issues in order to make the best decisions for their kids. With that said, here are some links that offer more details about vaccines and autism.

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/green/story/1506630.htm...

Source(s): www.centredaily.com/green/story