Is the state pronounced "Washington", or "WaRshington" with the R?

I've met people who pronounce it both ways, but I don't know how many of them were natives from the state. So I'd like to ask Pacific Northwesterners how it's done, I always thought it was "Washington" without any R. But I've also heard it pronounced "WaRshington" with... show more I've met people who pronounce it both ways, but I don't know how many of them were natives from the state.

So I'd like to ask Pacific Northwesterners how it's done, I always thought it was "Washington" without any R.

But I've also heard it pronounced "WaRshington" with the R.

Which is correct?
Update: I realize that "Washington" contains no R, that's why I was confused whenever I heard it pronounced like that. But I thought I'd ask. Because there is a town in Ohio called "Versailles" that is pronounced differently from the town in France spelled the same way, and there is town... show more I realize that "Washington" contains no R, that's why I was confused whenever I heard it pronounced like that.

But I thought I'd ask.

Because there is a town in Ohio called "Versailles" that is pronounced differently from the town in France spelled the same way, and there is town in Idaho called "Moscow" that is pronounced differently from the town in Russia spelled the same way.