Can any Mormon disprove the fact that Jo Smith wasn't a Mason and that the symbols in their temples aren't?

We know from cases such as Islam that Satan often masquarades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), is angel Moroni really an angelic entity or a demonic one?

Galatians 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

influenced by Freemasonry?

Why would you want to follow a Freemasonic religion that consists of secret handshakes, the hierarchy of secrets that you are let in on as you ascend within the "priesthood". Why would you want to follow a man who practiced "scrying", where he would look into a piece of glass to find hidden buried treasure, and who also was regarded in his own time as charlatan, a snake oil salesman, a con-man, and person who presented himself as some sort of mystic, in order to rip people off, mislead them, and eventually, to follow him as a prophet. He was a CROOK, not a prophet, and the Book of Mormon is such a work of complete fiction, it's almost silly. NONE of the maps in it are of ANY land masses of bodies of water ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH! None of the races/peoples described, either. The Book of Mormon is his biggest deception, and proof that he was a total liar and a hustler. He said he "found it in the side of a hill in New York", where the "Angel Moroni" told him to look.

So lets see, Freemasonry is Luciferian in Doctrine, he was involved with occult witchcraft practices such as scrying, masonic symbols are all over their temples, he was a charlatan, and a racist at that. So why would you follow this religion?

Mormons, can you disprove any of this historical info that your satanic cult is keeping away from you?

3rd answerer, Freemasonry didn't exist until the second millenium.

Sim Sim - I don't watch southpark, but I am familiar with their beliefs and they're more out of whack than what the Scientologists believe.

Favorite Answer

As a former member of the LDS church I found the temple endowment cold and not of God. I tried for years to make sense of it. Handshakes and strange rituals, and a new name for Heaven?

It just did not add up.

I asked a LDS brother in law once about the masonic influence and he stated that the Mason's had it correct in the days of Solomon's temple. (um ok?) I guess masonry dates back pretty far but not their rituals!

This I found out was the "approved" answers that some LDS give when asked about the similarities, between the masons rituals and the LDs endowment. Come to find out the Joseph Smith was a mason and going through their rituals prior to making up this LDS requirements for Godhood.

Anyways,

Then I researched what the purpose of the original temple that Christ was in and what was done there. IT was nothing that I had just experienced. THE two were very DIFFERENT. Plus the masonic rituals are ONLY from the early 1700's.

This was a wake up call for me. I do not think the Lord would be made to look like a fool and require such nonsense for reaching the highest level in "Heaven" you can (called exhalation to LDS)

See this site for similarities and reasons...http://www.ldsendowment.org/masonry.html

*And no, most members do not know this and this is not told or taught to LDS youth or potential converts, that's for sure!

One more thought... The masonic influence on the LDS endowment, is the LEAST of many peoples worries when it come to the character and negative acts of Joseph Smith.

Source(s): ex mormon

First off those symbols didn't have satanic meaning until after the temple was built. Joseph Smith came along after the masons went away. You are a horrible liar. Let's look at what you probably consider to be 'Christian' you worship a jewish zombie, eat his flesh and drink his blood to redeem your sins, believe that the zombie was born of a virgin. That a loving god multiple times wiped 'wicked' people off the face of the Earth. Are you sure it's the mormons you should be avoiding?

Think about what the angel Moroni brought to Joseph Smith - the Book of Mormon, basically. It preaches, teaches and testifies continually of Christ. That He is the Savior. You honestly think satan would "promote" a book such as that????

Galations 1:8 - very true. But guess what, the gospel WE teach is the same that Christ taught. The same taught to Adam and Eve. What gospel are you teaching??

Why do people think this is satanic? I just don't get it. IT's The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints for heaven's sake!! It is everything good.

So what if Joseph Smith was a Mason. Doesn't have anything to do with the gospel. The symbols? Just because YOU think they are, doesn't mean they are bad. Did you know that a swastika is actually a native american symbol just turned around? So does that mean native americans are nazi's? OR that Nazi's are native americans?? No, it means one group interprets a symbol a certain way.

IF anyone with half a brain would just quit listening to their pastor about how bad Mormons are, or would quit reading anti-mormon literature on the internet, they would see that this is truly Christ's church. I know it.

Source(s): Eternally LDS

A little advice, if you are truly concerned about Mormons welfare, this is not the way to go about helping them. You come across very disrespectful, rude, and close-minded. Try to imagine if I asked a similar question about your beliefs, whatever they are.

The Bible never says all angels are Satan or his minions. In fact, by warning people that it can happen, Paul shows us that true angels can visit people.

As for the similarities to Masonry, you can see the link below.

There are no maps in the Book of Mormon, so I don't know what you are talking about there.

You gave almost no "historical info." You just stated what you think are facts. Maybe if you gave some sort of references, you would have some credability.

As for how I can follow this religion, I feel that it brings me close to God. I have studied it and I think it has more answers than any other religion out there. I have received a witness of the Holy Ghost that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church on earth. I have learned about Jesus Christ since I was born. I look to him for my salvation and redemption. I try to follow his example and keep the commandments. Knowing what I know, I cannot believe that this is a Satanic cult. I certainly am open to learning more, but so far in my life everything has pointed me in this direction.

orthodoxy or death? not a very good christian name now is it? you should read Mark 12:38-44 and see what jesus might say about that attitude...

smith was a freemason

the symbols, though the same in form, or similar are not masonic in their use in LDS... just like the cross in christianity doesn't keep its pagan connotations.

symbols are used by the group, they do not bring an inherent meaning with them to the group - except in the minds of the ignorant and uneducated.

freemasonry isn't a religion. freemasonic isn't even a word.

there is no luciferian or satanic doctrine in freemasonry - you really just have no clue what you are talking about do you?????

freemasonry was around long before the second millenium

half_vast_day is right, your profile is hypocritical to you rants and your profile name...

You are absolutely right - Satan can masquerade as an angel of light. There will be false prophets in the Earth. Jesus himself taught us how to tell a true prophet from a false prophet; he taught that we can know a true prophet by his fruits. Does the LDS church champion truth and righteousness? Does it promote love and virtue? By any measure the LDS church brings forth fruit that is sweet and delisious. Does any church have sweeter fruit? Live more virtuous lives? Have a greater testimony of God and Jesus? Do a better job of supporting the widows and fatherless? Give more in charity and service?

• My CHURCH does not block any information from me or any other members. Yes, Joseph Smith was a mason and some of the symbols on some of the older temples resemble masonic symbols. I don't know why we would have to disprove that because it is readily acknowledged and not a big deal. . .don't know what that info has to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ, which my church teaches.

Its a well known fact that Joseph Smith was a Mason, and, he modeled many of the Church's customs and even the architecture of the temples, after Masonic traditions.

Source(s): My family is Mormon.

So many assumptions! There is a lot more background to this than you are leading on too.

First, please watch or read the following

watch:

http://broadcast.lds.org/genconf/2009/10/50/GC_200...

or read:

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1...

This talk deals with the mentality of Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum.

Then go to fairlds.org and search for the topics you are asking about...there is quite a bit of research and background information to enlighten you to the context of many of the things you have mentioned.

First you christians argue with the atheists and agnostic, then yous took a shot at the JW's, now your picking on the mormons. What have the non believers, Jw's or mormons done to you christians, to make you so bitter and defensive. Let each to believe and worship in their own way, oh and shut the Hel* up.