Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

Wating period for ATF 4473 Form?

I went to go in and buy a shotgun and just as I was turning in my paperwork the guy noticed that I put a different mailing address than my license said so he told me the application was void and I had to come back later (like the next day) oh and it was just my second home.So I did come back the following day and a new guy told me that if I messed up on the 4473 form, I would have to wait 30 days before I could purchase the gun. I've recently heard otherwise from other sources and I just want my gun for the heaven's sake. Can I go to a different store and buy the same gun or will I be denied when they background check me? This happened last friday. Thanks

• TX 65
    Favorite Answer

The address on ATF Form 4473 must be the valid one on your state issued drivers license which itself must be correct. A dealer should ask you when you present your drivers license if the address on the license is your correct current address before even giving you the form to complete.

When you are given the form, the dealer should give you instructions and if you have a question about something, you should ask before you fill it out. It is a US Government document that must be completely accurate and properly filled out.

A dealer has the legal right to refuse to sell anyone a gun if they feel something is not right. You wouldn't believe the stupid comments people make while making a purchase that has the whole process stop in its tracks.

An FFL dealer doing sloppy business and not adhering to rules just gives the anti-gun groups ammunition to make it tougher on all gun owners. Not to mention, no sale is worth the headaches of ATF doing a top to bottom audit because you have a pile of sloppy paperwork with scratch outs or inaccurate information.

Source(s): retired FFL dealer / importer

Atf 4473 Form

Go somewhere else. With the ATF bullshit dealers have to be very careful. Putting a Y instead of YES will result in an armed raid on the store owners house. They will have their buisness shut down and sent to prison after the kill his dog. It's what they do.

I saw a similar question last week. Was that you? GET A NEW DAMN LICENSE!

• ?

I never heard that either, I remember one time I wrote 1 wrong number and the guy just told me to cross it out. filled out the form and walked away with my gun. If you live in a state that doesn't have strict gun laws you should be able to buy the same gun from another shop and pass the back ground with no problem. good luck -REB

Find another dealer. He doesn't want your business. I have oopsed before and I just changed the entry. Its not invalid until he submits it. They get a stack of these forms and inevitably someone makes a clerical error on them. That guy is just being a Jack*ss.

• 2A

Just go to a different dealer and you must use your correct address as on your license. The FFL has to verify that and its his duty.

That's a new one on me, all he had to do was hand you a fresh 4473 to fill out.

Source(s): Used to work at a gun shop