Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

What is BPA free mean in baby bottles?

So, I'm going to be a first time mom come the beginning of March. I was looking at bottles to add to our registry since our baby shower is next weekend. I saw a tab that said "BPA Free". What does that mean? Are the bottles that have BPA not good to use? Or is it like a "going green" type of thing?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bisphenol- A ( BPA) is a product that is used to make many different plastics.

BPA acts as an endocrine disruptor, which copies certain hormones and reproduces them negatively. Research showed last year that BPA bottles may be one of the reasons little girls are going through puberty much sooner, than 20 years ago. Because it copies certain hormones, is is linked to many kinds of cancers.

BPA is in alot of things, unfortunately. It isn't considered dangerous- until it is heated, so microwave, or even dishwasher ( and who knows if your sink faucet heat from washing it could leak it as well).

You definetly want the BPA bottles, or glass bottles on your registry!

• 4 years ago

What Does Bpa Free Mean

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is BPA free mean in baby bottles?

So, I'm going to be a first time mom come the beginning of March. I was looking at bottles to add to our registry since our baby shower is next weekend. I saw a tab that said "BPA Free". What does that mean? Are the bottles that have BPA not good to use? Or is it like a "going...

Source(s): bpa free baby bottles: https://biturl.im/x0NyA
  • LBCD
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

BPA has been linked to cancer as well as other health problems. you should always get the bottles that are BPA free. some people prefer glass so they never have to worry about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

BPA is Bisphenol A. It is a chemical found in some plastics that can leech. It has been linked to many health issues.

• 1 decade ago

BPA is a chemical in plastic bottles that is potentially harmful. You do want to avoid bottles that contain it.

• 1 decade ago

FYI, BPA can only undergo the cellular change it takes to move from a solid to liquid if you microwave the vessel. That's why bottles containing BPA aren't off the market.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no BPA free is what you want!! Its a chemical that supposidly leaks toxic crap into the liquid it is held in.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I wouldn't. I would use brand new ones. They can contain bacteria which is hard to get out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.