• Sports >
  • Outdoor Recreation >
  • Hunting
  • Sports >
  • Outdoor Recreation >
  • Hunting

How to fix out-of-battery problem with new STI GP6 pistol?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I recently purchased a brand new a 9mm STI GP-6 SA/DA pistol. The problem I have is that the slide does not go all the way forward (out of battery) while feeding a round into the ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • TDM answered 5 years ago
First, do a field strip according to the manual and make sure everything is clean and then lightly oil all moving/sliding/rotating parts. Back at the range, try a few different brands of ammo, as some guns are picky about what they eat. Assuming it came with 2 magazines, check if the problem only occurs with one of them. I read some reviews about this pistol and they all commented on how well it performed, so I would probably lean toward the ammo or a lack of oil.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
Great info and advice.
  • 1
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Josh answered 5 years ago
    Take it back or sell it. Then buy a better brand of gun.
    • 0
      1
    • Comment
  • How to fix out-of-battery problem with new STI GP6 pistol?
    I recently purchased a brand new a 9mm STI GP-6 SA/DA pistol. The problem I have is that the slide does not go all the way forward (out of battery) while feeding a round into the chamber. This happens when I rack the slide and also after a round has been fired. I had to manually push the slide forward to get the gun to fire the next round. Please advice on the possible solution to the problem. Does the gun just need breaking-in period? Thanks.
    Sign In 

to add your answer

1

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock