? asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Week 9, need help with lineup and who to start.?

League of friends, only 4 of us (We start 2 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K & 2 DEF)

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Donovan McNabb & Joe Flacco

RB - Cedric Benson, Ray Rice & DeAngelo Williams

WR - Randy Moss, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson, Roddy White & Mike Sims-Walker

TE - Vernon Davis & Fred Davis (I lost Owen Daniels as he is out with a season ending injury)

K - Stephen Gostkowski, Nate Kaeding & Matt Stover

DEF - Saints, Colts & Giants

I'm already starting

QB - Aaron Rodgers & Donovan McNabb

RB - Cedric Benson & Ray Rice (Real tough benching DeAngelo Williams but I think these 2 will out perform him as Rice has been real consistent and Benson is a beast against good defense teams)

K - Stephen Gostkowski & Matt Stover

DEF - Saints & Colts

WR is my main problem.. I am definitely starting DeSean Jackson, he's been a beast and will continue that rage against a struggling Cowboys defense. The hard part is that the combo of Randy Moss & Wes Welker sounds good against a dolphins defense, I don't know if I should start both or start one. Mike Sims-Walker has an excellent matchup against the Chiefs too. So I need to pick 2 more to start.

BTW, here's a list of notable WR in waivers, opinions on who to add/drop or stick with lineup

- Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Derrick Mason, Devin Hester, Dwayne Bowe, Hakeem Nicks, Austin Collie, Michael Crabtree, Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin & Steve Smith (CAR)

Any tips are helpful and I thank you for the input.

-chiapet

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Start Moss & Welker I have a feeling that brading could score 4td & 400yds. So i would start these two with Jackson.

I Would get rid of a kicker & pick up Donald Driver who has a great match up v Tampa Bay

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

A lot depends on if you are in a PPR League or Standard Scoring League. PPR is Points Per Reception. In a PPR league, go with Welker, Moss and pick up/go with Michael Crabtree. This will be his break-out game. I would also go Vernon Davis, and Matt Stover.

In standard league I would go with Randy Moss and Roddy White and Crabtree.

I have Sims-Walker as well (also have welker, white, crabtree) and I hear you about the potential against KC, but can you really trust anyone other than MJD on the jags? He may have a high ceiling, but the risk / reward is not there when you have those other guys on your bench.

• deeraj
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

MJD no brainer, Benson does nicely against good run protection, Welker maximum suitable WR on your crew, Collie 4 tds in 4 weeks with gonzalez out, Hakeem Nicks lighting fixtures it up recently play chargers, anticipate shootout

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.