Does it bother you that 99% of the wealth in America belongs to less than 1% of the people?

the most skewed numbers in american history. and the middle class is slowly sinking into poverty.

Update:

sorry i was busy with something or i would have put my source on earlier but here is one place i have heard this statistic from

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/omega%20...

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

False.

Do some actual research before you spout your liberal crap.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Source?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Travis M: give me a break! Look at our nation. If everyone wants to do it - I'm all in and for it. But they are like drones! No revolt and the rich know it. Too much is being allowed! Too much power has been given away! I don't know your statistics Asker and if it's wrong or right. And look at all of them that answer they rather be poor and get fleeced by the rich! See how they turn on you and call you liberal because you are sick of slaving it away.

Why do they protect the rich so much? Why do they defend them? Frickin idiots.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Far worse is the fact that 46 million Americans are poor and destitute with little or no education or health care!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is more like the top 5% have half the household wealth. But yes, it is a sad stat.

Source(s): If you want a source maybe you should read a book.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

regardless of whether your stats are accurate or not, historically this type of trend has led to revolt.

this unbalance cannot be borne too long until the system collapses and the poor revolt and either overthrow the ones in power, or relieve them of their wealth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Economics fail?

• 1 decade ago

Even if that were partially true, no. I'd rather be poor in America than upper class in many other countries.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No source = not a plausible statistic.

• Phoebe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It bothers me a lot.

It bothers me that the government can force us to pay for anything they can sit around and make up, while they are drinking their starbucks.

I don't like it...and I'm pretty sure, I'm not the only one!

I don't think your stats are right though!

• 1 decade ago

Are you saying that less than 1% of America is working?

Is that the "Hope and Change" you voted for?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.