How do I dress like an Elf?

At my Christmas party that I'm hosting, I want to dress like an elf. I would like to where a dress that is green, with the white trim fur-like material on the sleeves and bottom, but I don't know where to purchase one. Also, I know elves where pointy shoes, but I don't know what to use for them. Any ideas for accessories would help also. Plus hair and makeup ideas would definitely be helpful. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!

10 points goes to person who:

1. Gives ideas for hair and makeup

2. Gives ideas for accessories

3. Gives stores to buy Elf clothing

Thanks so much!

Favorite Answer

For makeup-really rosy-red cheeks would be fine, and for hair I would do something like curls or flipping the ends out.

For accessories, jingle bell earrings or a light up neckalce would be great, and they are inexpenxive at walmart or target

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.cos...

there's a costume, but it is a little bit "revealing" if you know what i mean

if you can find a green skirt, it would be very easy to find a white fuzzy material to put on the edge. For a top I would suggest wearing a puffy sleeved white blouse. Long white or green socks (or white AND green socks) wound be good. For shoes, if you cannot find the pointed ones at walmart or target ( they are usually there when the christmas stuff goes out) green or black flats would be perfectly fine, wiht bows would be even cuter and more elf like!

Merry Christmas, I hope this helped somewhat!

http://www.costumecraze.com/ACC266.html

^^^^^^^^^ ELF SHOES FOR GOOD PRICE

First of all... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(and thanks for answering my question)

About the hair and makeup...

I would go for a flicky hairstyle but it doesn't matter too much if you are going to wear an elf hat. I would wair pretty green eyeshadow with a bit of shimmer eyeshadow as well to add a touch of sparkle :) red lips would look pretty and rosy cheeks are a must!

About the accessories...

A great idea is to find some red and white stripy tights - the joke shop website has these at £4.50 new (see below link)

http://the-joke-shop.com/showprod.asp?product=7292

You can also get loads of Christmasssy accessories from Claire's Accessories.

About the Elf Clothing...

My advice would be to just buy a cute green dress and add the fur trim yourself. You should be able to get the trim from Hobbycraft.

About the Shoes...

I would go for pointy high heels to put a sexy twist on the elf look if you can't find any elf shoes. Green would be the obvious choice, but when else would you get to wear them? Go for a pair of pointy red heels which you can wear again and again :)

Hope this helps and good luck with hosting the party!! x

Source(s): My festive little imagination :)

Well you have have two options when it comes to the costume. Based on the way you worded your question, I take it that you don't sew. One option is to find someone who does and have them make it for you. That way you get exactly what you are looking for. The material can be bought, including the faux fur trim at JoAnn Fabrics or other sewing/craft store. Take the person who is sewing it along with you so you get all of the items needed to complete the outfit.

You can also try looking at places that sell or rent Santa suits. They will also have a selection of elf costumes available. I'm not sure where you are but try places that sell dance costumes or ask someone at your local theatre group if they have one or know where you can get one.

You can usually find "jingle bell" earrings, bracelets, necklaces etc. at places like Claires. They have a wide selection of holiday jewelry.

Not sure of the length of your hair but I would do a classic french twist and put some holly pieces in as accents. Also if you find the costume you may also find pointed ears. This hairdo would show those off as well.

Hope you have a great time and it all works out for you.

1.put some cabbage in a blender... then put it all in the bath

2. do the same with cherry's but just splat one on each cheek

3.get a peg to help the smell

4. get some normal shoes and stick a ball on the end

5. the hat, go in the garden and get 4 leafs stick them together

6. clothes well dont cheap out on these get some water put it in the freezer and wear it! (just make sure you put lime juice into in!

7. you look the best one their! and it only cost you £7.98p

Source(s): Woo woo yeah!!