What can you tell me about the San Diego Comic-Con 2010?

I'm from Connecticut, and my brother and I have never been to the San Diego Comic-Con before, but we really want to go next year.

I've been to the website, but I can't find any information about who's going to be there.

What can anyone tell me about the it?

I want to know everything.

Has anyone from the New England area been to the SDCC?

How did you get there?

How much money do I need?

What is the cheapest way, and -- just tell me everything that could possibly prepare me.

If we do go, it would be totally freaking awesome!

So:

Who's going to be there?

How much money will I need?

What's the cheapest way we can get there?

Where's the cheapest place to stay?

How long is the SDCC?

Tell me everything, please!

Favorite Answer

Well, I've been to San Diego Comic-Con each year for the last 7 years.

I live in NYC but I was born in Massachusetts, does that count?

I go there to work in a booth to help sell DVDs for an animation company - so I get paid to be there, and it's a little cheaper for me to go than for some other people (because my boss pays for my hotel)

For me personally, I've found that it's relatively cheap this way - but it's a lot of work and I don't get as much free time on the convention floor as I would like - but that's the choice that I've made. I don't necessarily recommend that you go out and get a job working in one of the booths, but that's one way to go.

I usually cash in frequent-flyer miles too - I've found that's the cheapest way for me to get there. Delta Skymiles, I usually cash in my miles in Jan. or Feb. to buy a ticket. But you can also try JetBlue or one of the travel sites like Priceline or Travelocity - BUY EARLY!

I used to stay at the Hotel Occidental for about $96 a night, but unfortunately they just closed, so I have to find a new place to stay...again, the earlier you set this up, the better!

Who's going to be there - guests haven't been announced yet, keep checking their web-site for a list of guests...

How much money will you need - well, that depends on how much stuff you want to buy. Comics, toys, other books, autographs, art - you sort of have to estimate based on how many different interests you have...

There are things you can do to live cheaply at the con - like eat lunch before you go in the convention center, because the refreshment stand prices are quite high - of course, if you want to go crazy and spend a lot of money on food, comics, toys and collectibles, you can do that too!

How long is it - July 22-25, which is Thurs. through Sunday. If you buy a 4-day pass you get a ticket for Preview Night on Wednesday July 21.

I'm including a link to some of my pictures - the best way to give you some more details about what goes on there. If you have more specific questions, please edit your post and I'll try to check back.

I live in San Diego, and I've been going to the SDCC for the last 4 years.

The San Diego Comic Con is 4 days plus the preview night. They have different things going on every day, so I really recommend you to go the 4 days.

First of all, register and buy your tickets, they are already on sale and are almost sold out. Tickets are $100 for the 4 days, which it's totally worth it.

At this time it's too soon to know who is going to be at CC, but check their website once in a while to see who's gonna be there. Expect a bunch of celebrities. I've seen personally:

Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)

Tim Burton

Peter Mahew (Chewbacca)

Verne Troyer (Mini Me)

Mythbusters Crew

The Rock

Jessica Alba

Twilight Crew

Johnny Depp

Matt Groening

and a whole bunch of others

If you're into movies, they are quickly being adapted to Comic Con over the past years, there are a lot of autograph signings by movie stars and things like previews of upcoming movies with exclusive material.

If you're into video games, you'll love to be there, they have lots of booths from different video game publishers and you may be able to meet with video game creators and artists, as well as playing exclusive content of upcoming video games.

If you're into comics/anime, then obviously that's the place for you, the pretty much have everything about comics. I don't know much about comics but they're obviously a pretty big deal of the Comic Con

You may also go dressed as a movie/comic/videogame/etc character. You will see pretty amazing costumes at the Comic Con and there's a costume contest you can participate at.

Now for lodging, if you want to save big time, stay out of downtown. You can get a pretty nice room if you just travel a couple of miles south. I recommend you to stay at Chula Vista. You can get a room for about $50 a night and the trolley station is just steps away from there so you can walk there and take the trolley directly to the convention center. That would be the cheapest way of transportation. It costs like $10 for a 4 day pass. And once you're in downtown you can walk for anything like the convention center and restaurants, and later on take the trolley back to your hotel.

Adding all these costs plus some extra cash for your needs (trust me there are tons of things you can buy at the Comic Con) I would say $500 each should do it

This is just some quick tips and info I am giving you, but if you want more specific info like hotels you could stay or something like that, feel free to contact me, I'll be pleased to help you. I hope you guys get the opportunity to attend, because it's totally awesome and there are alot of things to do there. Hope to see you at SDCC!

its gona be awesome they should not be sold out thanks to the ressission there were more ppl in 2007 but less in 2008 and 2009? i met people from tokyo and germany there so i imagine yes ppl from england lol i took the bus from wilkews barrie pa to pittsburg to sandeigo took 4 days well if u did what i did and camped on the beach 300 dollars lol brign you own food take the bus buy your tickets now you get 40-75 percent off same if u buy a plane ticket plane will be quicker but mroe expensive

well not just manga and anime writers and editors there are other things like trevor moore from the wkuk gerard waay was there but he hasa comic lots of people u probably wotn see everyone well if u birng a car stay outside of the city if u dotn u have to pay for an expensive hotel and i mean they really jack up the prices that week so i either recomend making friends there to stay at there place or stay on the beach but seriously the more money u bring the better and its three days usualy a friday saturday and sunday if ur staying all days buy an all week pass its worth it