Computer lag issue.........?

My computer's screen and audio lags and skips whenever it is running heavy processes for a while, such as playing a game or downloading movies while running a virus scan. I want to find a way to reduce or eliminate this "lag" because it is very irritating and makes it very hard to play games on my... show more My computer's screen and audio lags and skips whenever it is running heavy processes for a while, such as playing a game or downloading movies while running a virus scan. I want to find a way to reduce or eliminate this "lag" because it is very irritating and makes it very hard to play games on my now only 3 month old laptop. Is there some way to tell what exactly is the root of this problem, such as a test, or troubleshooting steps? This lag completely destroys the audio and freezes and skips the screen for about 15-20 sec increments ever 1-2 minutes after it starts when I'm playing...World of Warcraft for example. There's no reason why this relatively new Dell (thats probably why...Dell) laptop should have any problems whatsoever. Rest assured this is not the only site I'm asking about this on :D
3 answers 3