Four/five police cars, two fire trucks, no ambulances: What's going on down the street?!?

So, I live in a fairly quiet and very safe suburban neighborhood, minimal drama... Tonight, however, I see about four or five police cars and two fire trucks blocking the street a little ways down. No ambulances. No fire or smoke is visible, but there are tons of flashing lights. (No sirens blaring,... show more So, I live in a fairly quiet and very safe suburban neighborhood, minimal drama...

Tonight, however, I see about four or five police cars and two fire trucks blocking the street a little ways down. No ambulances. No fire or smoke is visible, but there are tons of flashing lights. (No sirens blaring, though.)

My question is, what sort of emergency situations would require the presence of THAT many police cars and fire trucks? There's no other block-off, so it's presumed a hostage situation is out of the question. No fire, no death (to my knowledge) or injury due to lack of ambulances present...

Any ideas? I mean, that's a LOT of police, and TWO fire trucks?