Didn't show for first two days of work and wonder if I still have a shot at working there?

I'm a young stay home mom, and have been looking for a job that met my requirements for wage and hours for months. My husband is leaving for basic training in the Army in two weeks and I'd really like to have a job for the extra money and to have something to do while he's gone. I got a job as a nursing... show more I'm a young stay home mom, and have been looking for a job that met my requirements for wage and hours for months. My husband is leaving for basic training in the Army in two weeks and I'd really like to have a job for the extra money and to have something to do while he's gone. I got a job as a nursing home activities assistant, and was very excited about it. The morning I was supposed to start the job, I woke up and had a voicemail from another employer who wanted an interview with me for a higher paying job. I went for the interview instead of going to my first day of work, and unfortunately did not end up getting hired at the job I interviewed for. Now I am very upset and wish I had just gone to my first day of work at the first job. I was supposed to start on Monday and was wondering if maybe I should call tomorrow morning (Wednesday) to explain what happened, apologize and see if they would still let me begin working there.

Please no negativity, I understand what I did was not the smartest thing which is why I am seeking help.