Quick fix for a makeshift circuit breaker?
- Flood lights use A LOT more watts than the push light. Could that be a major problem? [We don't necessarily need the push light to actually work, just work as a button. [like a doorbell]]
- If light can't take the watt-age, will the button still work? [as in, will the electricity still flow through the light, even if the bulb is dead?]
- Is this even possible?
- We might possible use a dimmer switch, with a push on/off ability. Opinions?
Before you suggest!
- No doorbells! They're not recommended for over about 30 volts. We're planning on using a bit more than that, and don't want it to fail. It's also not 100% reliable.
- No switches! Too cumbersome. We'd be flicking it on and off for half and hour. We don't want callases.
Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1zKx4eyqco [Beware, it's a bit heavy]