Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Need suggestions for a diaper bag...?

I don't care what others think of it...I want something cute (not baby cute but like cute cute) and that will hold what I need and do what I want. I just would rather ask other moms then spend hours googling

It is the 1 thing I still need that I can't decide on. I don't want to use just the crap one that they give you at the hospital; simply because I can buy one (if I ever pick one I like LOL) and I want one. I had a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack for my 2.5 YO daughter. But it was pink quilted and this baby is a boy for sure. Our daughter is potty trained so all we ever bring for her is a potty seat cover that folds, a cup, and a small snack/two. I am going to be breastfeeding for at least 6 months with this baby, and by that point he will be getting some solids with his milk, whether it's expressed for formula. So I won't be lugging bottles at all basically. He has a bundle me for his car seat and I like to keep a small waffle knit blanket, a hat, a change of clothes, about 6 diapers, a travel thing of wipes, changing pad, pacifier pod, and then my keys, wallett, cell and chapstick. The one and only true requirement that this bag MUST have is the "stroller clip" option, whether they be built in or snap on I don't care. But it MUST have this option. I DO NOT want something that is specifically a backpack. I prefer either a tote/shoulder/messanger bag. I would like to spend 60-70; but would spend up to $100 if I can't help it. I do have a diff. Petunia bag that I am barely stopping myself from ordering; I just want to be sure there is nothing I like more that is the same/less $. I don't want a bag that has characters/cutesy baby crap all over it. It may be a bag to hold the baby's stuff; but I have to carry it. Also I do NOT like the Vera Bradely bags at ALL!

I had the one from the hospital for about 3 days with my daughter last time...after that ripped in like 10 minutes, and then 3 other bags, 2 $40 JJ Cole bags and one Jeep bag I ended up spending more then $100 on bags that didn't do what I wanted/ripped. So I'd rather spend more now on something "better" and not end up spending it on multiple bags I don't like as much that cost the same/as much anyway

Favorite Answer

my mom bought me this cheap diaper bag from kohls, its water resistant, coems with a mini changing pad and it have tons of storage space.

who cares what the bag looks like, its motherhood not hollywood.

I have used the diaper bag the hospital gave me with all four of my children. Not because it is all I could afford but because they work just as well. Mine were never "crap". Worked beautifully and they didn't cost me 100 bucks.

You say you would "like" to spend 60-70 or even 100 dollars? Sorry but you just sound like you are showing off. A bit high maintenance.

I'm sorry but you offended me a little. It sounds as if you are saying people that don't carry a $100 diaper bag...carry around crap. NO BODY needs a $100 diaper bag.

you can get any kind. they will all work find, just find one that fits the stuff you need, I am using a hosp bag because I dont need to have a stylish diaper bag, I mean its just a diaper bag! you put diapers in it. i would rather spend the 70 dollars on something else or put it in a savings for baby. But thats just me I guess.

No one is going to judge you based on your diaper bag. You are really over thinking this. Just get one that will hold the things you need.