Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Need suggestions for a diaper bag...?

It is the 1 thing I still need that I can't decide on. I don't want to use just the crap one that they give you at the hospital; simply because I can buy one (if I ever pick one I like LOL) and I want one. I had a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack for my 2.5 YO daughter. But it was pink quilted and this baby is a boy for sure. Our daughter is potty trained so all we ever bring for her is a potty seat cover that folds, a cup, and a small snack/two. I am going to be breastfeeding for at least 6 months with this baby, and by that point he will be getting some solids with his milk, whether it's expressed for formula. So I won't be lugging bottles at all basically. He has a bundle me for his car seat and I like to keep a small waffle knit blanket, a hat, a change of clothes, about 6 diapers, a travel thing of wipes, changing pad, pacifier pod, and then my keys, wallett, cell and chapstick. The one and only true requirement that this bag MUST have is the "stroller clip" option, whether they be built in or snap on I don't care. But it MUST have this option. I DO NOT want something that is specifically a backpack. I prefer either a tote/shoulder/messanger bag. I would like to spend 60-70; but would spend up to $100 if I can't help it. I do have a diff. Petunia bag that I am barely stopping myself from ordering; I just want to be sure there is nothing I like more that is the same/less $. I don't want a bag that has characters/cutesy baby crap all over it. It may be a bag to hold the baby's stuff; but I have to carry it. Also I do NOT like the Vera Bradely bags at ALL!

I've seem that one at Walmart and it's a totally fine bag. However for our needs my 1 main requirement is that the bag have the stroller clips either built in or able to hook onto the bag. This does not

Favorite Answer

I bought this one at wal*mart before the birth of my son and I still love it. I've been through four or five different bags and this is the best one of all. It's inexpensive and comes in other colors.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_...

WOW! I didn't give that much thought to my diaper bag. I have a nice leather Lulu Lemon bag that is actually a small travel bag I think but it works well for us. I like it bc its just black and I will be able to use it for other things after wards as well. I completely agree with you about hating the cutesy baby diaper bags! I googled the Petunia Pickle Bottom bags you had mentioned and I think that you should go with one of those! I love the roll out idea as well as the stroller clip things! Super cool and handy I bet:) Happy shopping!

I have a 3 year old and a 6 week old. My 3year old is potty trained but spills things regularly and still is at risk for an accident.

I have the newest Eddie Bauer diaper bag. The smaller one. It holds:

- pants, t-shirt socks, and undies for 3 year old

- onesie, romper, socks for baby

- 5 diapers, Desitin, Changing Pad, travel box wipes

- formula holder (the one divided into 3 compartments)

- snack for older kid

- two small books (back pocket)

- box of crayons (front pocket)

- chapstick, gas drops, diaper disposal bags (front pocket)

- sippy cup (one side pocket)

- other side pocket holds 2 bottles plain water (for powder mix formula)

There is room for my wallet inside the main compartment and my cell in the front pocket. I LOVE it!! And the EB bag I had for my daughter lasted 2 years and is still in fine shape, this was just a bit bigger. Everything for 2 kids fits great and I love it. Not sure about the stroller clip option though. I have a Sit and Stand and just throw it underneath.

• mehan

bags alongside with backpacks and massive coastline bags with zippers will artwork fairly good. save one extra set of clothing (for you and the infants) and diapers on your motor vehicle, you would be stunned how lots which will are available in obtainable in case you by probability forget the diaper bag or run out of something on the worst 2nd on an identical time as out. additionally save down the muddle and %. mild.

if you are going to be breastfeeding why don't you just get a nice tote that YOU like- it doesn't have to be a purpose specific bag!

we went through three bags before we found a nappy bag I liked for my son- two of them broke and the other was just too small, I ended up using my old oversized red vinyl shoulder bag, it cost me all of $5, looks good, is waterproof and fits everything!

• Burlington coat factory has a lot of nice designer baby bags.

I have a kalencom diaper bag it was about 70 and a pack pack one and a ju-ju-be they have many different styles though.