HELP!!! PLEASE!!! I Need a Fusion Jazz Song/Band that is Easy to Play?

I have an audition for a scholarship coming up. What's some good jazz songs that I can play that are easy? Even artists like Marcus Miller is welcomed.

Just please, help.

Oh crap. WTF? How can I forget what instrument I play?

I play bass.

Best Answer

What do you play?

For non-rhythm section and guitar:

"Mademoiselle Mabry"--Miles Davis--Filles de Kilimanjaro--It's a bit slow, so you don't have to worry about lagging or just having to play too fast.

"Shout"--Miles Davis--Man with the Horn--great for guitar

Piano:

"Felon Brun"--Miles Davis--Filles de Kilimajaro--It's light on piano, so you'd set yourself up easily and it's groovy, you'd be able to solo soulfully over it.

Bass:

"Chameleon"--Herbie Hancock--Head Hunters

"Sivad"--Miles Davis--Live-Evil--really anything Michael Henderson

"The Intrepid Fox"--Freddie Hubbard--Red Clay

Drums:

You've got to go for something Tony Williams if you play drums

"Splash"--Miles Davis--Water Babies

"Paraphernalia"--Miles Davis--Miles in the Sky

"Red Clay"--Freddie Hubbard--Red Clay--it's Lenny White, he's great too. Hubbard also said that this was his favorite of his own albums.

I don't know if this helps. But good luck, I hope you get the scholarship,

AE

Damn, I was gonna suggest Sleep Terror, lol... You should totally look into the works of Tony MacAlpine (too many to list), or Ron Jarzombek (for jazz fusion, mostly Gordian Knot, but Spastic Ink and Blotted Science are pretty good too... plus Blotted Science has legendary bass player Alex Webster, so that's a double win)... and maybe some Animals as Leaders And you can never go wrong with Necrophagist either, but I'm guessing you knew that one already

about marcus miller's song, and slapping bass, Rampage is pretty easy to play but rthym is pretty hard to do. if you can't do slapping, you should play others.....

sorry i couldn't answer.....