What are some reasons to be for Obama?
I am well aware of the reasons to be against Obama, but what are your reasons to be for him?
I'm just interested in what everyone has to say.
Personally I'm a liberal democrat. But i'm about half and half on obama
thank you for your opinions :)
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
This is why I voted for him:
I felt he would handle our ruined economy well (which I think he is doing).
I wanted him to order the closing of Guantanamo Bay military detention facility and abolish enhanced interrogation techniques (which he has done).
I wanted him to set a fixed timetable for withdrawing U.S. combat forces from Iraq (which he has done).
I wanted him to order additional troops to Afghanistan (which he has done).
I wanted him to return science to its rightful place by lifting the Bush restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research (which he has done).
I wanted him to sign laws to expand children’s health insurance (done).
I wanted him to diminish the role of lobbyists in the White House (done)
I wanted him to lift travel and remittance restrictions for Cuban Americans who seek to travel more frequently to the island and send more US currency to their immediate family (done).
I wanted him to engage world leaders in Europe, Turkey, Latin American and the Caribbean with strength and humility so that we could start to rehabilitate our reputation abroad (ongoing--good start).
I wanted him to address health care reform (in the works).
Other accomplishments, less widely known:
1. Health Care: The Obama White House cleared an important hurdle in the health care reform debate when it appropriated $19 billion in the stimulus package to help implement an electronic medical record system. The money is paltry compared to the hundreds of billions set aside for an overhaul of the health care system in the budget. But officials inside and out of the White House say its significance is hard to overstate.
“We need to have health IT so we have a better idea both of what works but also... so people can share information,” Zeke Emanuel, Obama’s health care adviser, said. “We are on our way in a way that we have never committed ourselves before.”
2. Communications: A presidential campaign built on innovative messaging and advanced technology has, naturally, become a White House defined by similar characteristics.
3. Transportation: Since the passage of the economic stimulus package in mid-February, the Obama Department of Transportation has approved 2,500 highway projects. The movement of stimulus money out the door has been as swift as it has been effective: $9.3 billion has been spent in all 50 states. Touting its impact, DOT officials say 260,000 jobs are expected from this investment. And with competition for contracts fierce, the department is set to approve even more projects than previously envisioned. “There will be more money for additional transportation projects,” said the official.
4. Education: Maligned for its handling of the financial and banking crises, the Obama Treasury Department has nevertheless implemented policies with real qualitative and quantitative impact on debt-burdened families. Chief among those was a $2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.
5. Cars: The automobile industry at the White House and Congress’s behest has undergone seismic structural changes, managerial reorganization, and massive cuts in employment. But for all the tough love, the president has put in place the framework for an industry recovery. Perhaps the most significant of steps was to allocate $2 billion in stimulus cash for advanced batteries systems. One high-ranking Hill aide called battery technology “the next big frontier” in the automotive world, adding that if the U.S. could dominate this market it would reclaim its perch as the world’s premier car manufacturer.
6. Pakistan: Cognizant of a destabilizing situation in Pakistan, the administration’s diplomatic team, with a major assist from Japan, secured $5 billion in aid commitments “to bolster the country’s economy and help it fight terror and Islamic radicalism” within the country. The money, as Pakistan observers note, will prove instrumental in bringing the nation away from the brink of failure and increased Taliban control.
7. Cities: More than any prior president, Obama has put a spotlight on America’s struggling cities, even creating an office of Urban Policy in the White House. It is the Justice Department, however, that lays claim to one of the most consequential of urban affairs achievements. Through the Recovery Act, DOJ secured $2 billion for Byrne Grants, which funds anti-gang and anti-gun task forces. The money, cut during the Bush years, is expected to have massive ramifications on inner-city crime and violence.
8. Engaging the Muslim World: While certainly discussed, foreign affairs experts insist that Obama’s engagement with the Muslim world has been at once remarkable and under-appreciated.
9. Forests: Since taking office, the White House has put under federal protection more than two million acres of wilderness, thousands of miles of river and a host of national trails and parks. The conservation effort - the largest in the last 15 years - came with the stroke of a pen when Obama signed the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 in late March.
10. Tone: Leaving a meeting at the White House on Tuesday a progressive member of the House of Representatives commented how impressed she was with the president’s manner. “He is so calm,” said the member, “and has a great ability to make you feel like you’re being respected and listened to.”
- 4 years ago
i will provide you many: a million) Obama, being a professor human beings Constitutional regulation, additionally exceptionally respects the judiciary independence of the impressive court docket. McCain would not, he frrequently disparages the impressive court docket. Worse, the two Bush and McCain strongly help the risky criminal theory of the "Unitary govt", that's incredibly relating to the consolidation of presidential potential on the price of the Legislative branch and intensely the impressive court docket. 2) the two Obama and McCain have close remote places coverage advisors that are lots alike in philosophy and journey, Brzezinski and Kissinger, respectively. yet Obama is keen to speak, at the same time as McCain is much greater bellicose than Bush. we don't choose that precise now. 3) Obama's tax plan gives you a tax shrink for those making below $150K taxable earnings, at the same time as elevating the charges for the suitable bracket. McCain is the suited opposite. we'd desire to make the wealthy human beings even RICHER precise now? Are you specific that's an extremely stable theory, given what's been occurring interior the information recently? Are the wealthy human beings somewhat making specific that jobs are not being shipped remote places? 4) Obama needs an agressive crackdown on the healthcare difficulty, taking the difficulty precise to the crucial gamers contained accessible---the coverage companies, the hospitals, the attorneys (definite, he has actual reported Tort reform). He needs to outlaw discrimination against those with pre-latest circumstances. McCain needs to do none of that. His in basic terms grant is to offer each and every kinfolk a $5000 tax ruin for coverage. What stable will that do if coverage companies will DENY coverage, no be counted what the kinfolk is keen to pay? 5) Then there is the difficulty of vice chairman strategies. No remark. enable the human beings determine for themselves approximately their skills.
- expertgalLv 71 decade ago
1. If you really dislike America, you might be for Obama.
2. If you want more government control, you might be for Obama.
3. If you're glad we're "Trillions" in debt, you like Obama.
4. If you want free Immigrants admitted, you'll like Obama
5. If you're pleased with more taxes, you'll like Obama
6. If wasteful spending doesn't bother you, you'll like Obama
7. If it's okay that prisoners in Getmo get the Swine Flu vaccine
before all Americans have geen given the chance, Obama's fine
8. If you think those appointed by the President can be tax evaders
and have other felon pasts, you'll okay Obama
9. If Obama dining by a jet trip and golfing while there's a war
going on and Americans are dying, Obama's the man for you
10. If you think Pelosi's new health care plan is pretty good, then
you and Obama think alike.
We threw God out of schools, so He's quit blessing America.
- 1 decade ago
-If you have socialist/marxist ideas.
-If you support the reduction in the health care quality for quantity of a few.
-If you dislike the military.
-Like being taxed for all your worth.
-If you want the government to control your life.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
It makes guilty white liberals who live in all white suburbs feel better about themselves to say they support Obama.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
He is pushed congress to develop Health Care reform in America, within his first year. Without your good health for yourself and family, all other matters are secondary. You really can't do anything, if your not alive.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Um can't think of any reasons.... sorry
here is an example on here..... If you arent for obama, they thumb you down kind of like what obama is doing to people that are going against him.... he fires them, kind of what he is doing to fox news and the freedom of speech.... The list goes on and on and on..............
- 1 decade ago
oh, i misread - i thought the question was: What are some reasons to pee on 0bamao? nevermind...
- Anonymous1 decade ago
If you want to live off of a welfare check...
That's all I can think of.
- TicToc....Lv 71 decade ago
Narcissistic people tend to identify themselves with Obama.
- clean truckLv 71 decade ago
If you hate America too, like barry & me-shell do.