Why does POTC online crash my computer?

I love Pirates of the Caribbean online, but it crashes my computer before I can even start playing!!! I can only play on friends computers.

I don't know if I have enough memory, when it crashes, it gives me a blue screen with LOTS of words - something about memory.

Here is my computer info if it helps:

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel(R)

Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60 GHz

1.59 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

____

Don't know if the above was helpful but hopefully it was!!

Thanks for your time!!!

Favorite Answer

Chances are, your computer is crashing because the lack of available RAM (random-access memory). Either POTC takes up more RAM than your computer can handle, or it's the combination of POTC and whatever other programs you have. Try running the game without any other programs, and no extra tabs on FireFox. If you press CTRL+ALT+DELETE (once), click on "Performance," you will be able to see your CPU Usage and PF Usage. PF Usage = RAM; you want that to be around 800-900 MB *max* (your specs might claim 1 GB of RAM, but in reality you're getting 800-900, they tend to round up).

You should scan your computer to find if there are missing, outdated, or corrupted drivers.Outdated hardware drivers can cause a lot of errors and even crash your computer and the infamous "blue screen of death"and even fail to start Windows. This can be a very serious problem and your computer might even fail to start Windows. Drivers are vital to a computer system. Without the right drivers, it is going to be impossible to make any device run. However, you don’t need just drivers.Outdated drivers may interfere with newer software. If you are fond of installing the latest and fastest programs over the internet and yet you continue to use old drivers, you are putting your whole system at jeopardy. You need new and current drivers to make sure that your system would work as designed.The most serious problems that they encounter as they use their computer may be resolved by a simple driver update. The best way to update all of your drivers is to use driver updating software. I should like to commend Driver Robot http://make-a-computer-run-better.com/drive-update... to you.