Is janice dickinson modeling agency legit?

i got a job offer from this place and trying to make sure its not a scam. heres the email i got..

Hello

am SCOTT WILLIAMS. I am emailing you regarding the latest season of JDMA, Janice really gets down to business. In an effort to develop her models and prepare them for this next level Janice insists that the models live together in a "model house"- just like she had to do back-in-the-day.

Much to the model's surprise, Janice announces that she will live in the house with them---policing what they eat, inspecting them before big photo shoots, monitoring their partying ways, and using any means necessary to mold them into fierce supermodels who can bring in big money for the agency.

CONTRACT

The company would sign a contract with you as soon as you are ready to work with the agency, any model that turns out first in the show would also be signed into the agency for the sum of $40,000 and the salary of $3,000 every month.I think this the dream of any model in the industry.You would also have a chance to be some hip hop video i.e if you would like and you would also be featured in some famous magazines like complex magazine, FHM, ETC. The chairman C.E.O OF Def Jam Mr Sean Carter would also want you to model for him, i mean helping him advertise his designs made from Roca wears in some magazines.

Think this is your chance to make it in the industry (THERE IS NO TIME TO WASTE) grab this opportunity.

You can get back to us with the form below if you are interested so that we can make arrangement for your registration

FILL THE FORM BELOW

full name:

present home address:

city:

state:

Zip code:

phone no:

Height:

Weight

Bust:

Waist

Hips:

Ethnicity:

Eyes color:

Hair color:

Skin color:

Dress size:

Shoe size:

Cup size:

Hat size:

Suit size:

Shirt size:

Neck size:

Sleeve:

Wish to work with you

Email Address.. scottwilly14@yahoo.com

Address:Oxygen Media, LLC, 75 9th Avenue, New York, NY 10011

Join

navigation

* Home

* TV Shows

* Schedule

* Sweepstakes

* Video

* Movies

* Mobile

* Games

* Community

NBC Universal

Join the NBCU Panel

TM & Copyright © 1998-2009 Oxygen Media. All Rights Reserved

* Terms of Use|

* Privacy Policy|

* Corporate Info|

* Contact Us

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it's a Nigerian modeling scam.http://www.newmodels.com/Nigeria.html

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=494218

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=473005

First of all, have you had actual on-camera auditions and then appeared in front of Janice? If not, there is no way you'd get any modeling offer by email. There were over 200,000 people who auditioned for the last season of the show and they all interviewed in front of Janice before they got to the finalists

Second, look, at the poor grammar in the email. Oxygen Media would never send out anything with such poor grammar, it's obviously sent by someone whose first language is not English

"I think this the dream of any model in the industry.You would also have a chance to be some hip hop video i.e if you would like and you would also be featured in some famous magazines like complex magazine, FHM, ETC." - like a major media company would write anything like this

Third, nobody attached to a real TV show or agency would use a free @yahoo email address. All Oxygen employee emails end in @oxygen.com

Fourth, the president of Def Jam Records is L.A. Reid, not Sean Carter.

Fifth, after last season Oxygen announced that the show was cancelled and would not be returning for any more seasons

The phone number of Oxygen Media

Phone Number +1.212.651.2000

http://www.jigsaw.com/id200926/oxygen_media_inc_co...

Call and ask to speak with Scott Williams. I'm sure the company would be very interested to know that scammers are using their company name

Whatever you do, do not email these scammers back.

• havent u seen her show yeh and i saw one of her models on the face of wetseal online

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I luv that show!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.