baby hair color different?

my aunt and uncle had a baby girl, she is 5 months old now. well my aunt has blonde hair, and my uncle has black hair. well the baby has red/orange hair...is it possible for the baby to have this color hair, or do you think that my aunt cheated on my uncle? i know this a confusing question, but if you understand i would really appreciate your answers, thanks all.

Favorite Answer

blonde is a recessive gene and red hair is the same gene as for black hair, just expressed weakly.

besides, the hair colour she has now is 99% probably nothing like the colour she'll have when she grows up. i was born with a full head of long, thick coal-black hair, complete with blue highlights. by the time i was 3, it was platinum blonde and my natural colour now is dark blonde (medium brown with a crapload of blonde highlights).

my oldest daughter and my youngest, born same way - thick, long black hair. my oldest (now 23) went through copper red hair to platinum and now has massive amounts of wavy chestnut brown hair (dark brown with a lot of red highlights). my youngest (2-1/2yrs old) has hair that's coppery brown with brass-coloured streaks.

my middle daughter (now 20) was born with a faint fuzzy light brown mohawk, was champagne blonde as a toddler and preschooler, and as an adult, until she lopped it all off, she had a butt-length cascade of dark blonde spiral curls.

It is very possible and ok. Maybe someone in ur aunts family had red hair same as your uncle. My son has strawberry blonde hair and both my husband and I have brown hair. I have a tint of natural red though. But on both sides of our family our siblings were born with blonde hair. Its all based on genes. So honestly no I do not think that your aunt cheated on your uncle.

Babies hair colour often change as they get older. This might still happen with your baby. After all, she is still only 4 months. Are there any family members on either side of the family with dark hair including great grandparents. Hair colour is determined by your genes. Even though you and your husband have light hair, you might still carry the gene for dark hair. Hope this helps. Don't worry, just enjoy Lilianna - especially as she must now be becoming really responsive to you. It's a fun time that goes so quickly. Relax and have fun.

Yes it's possible my mother is a red head my dad is indian his hair is jet black yet my sister was born white blonde. I am a red head and my first two kids dad had black hair and they are blonde, my youngest daughter had red hair even though her dad was blonde. It doesn't matter because babies can take traits from generations back in your family. I had a friend who was bi-racial (black and white) and his mom didn't tell him cuz his dad left them, he was extremely pale and had blonde curly hair he thought he was white, he got married and him and his wife had a baby and the baby came out very dark complected. The man accused his wife of having an affair and had actually filed for a divorce when his mom told him the truth, so things can skip over generations than come back all of a sudden and the babies look nothing like either parent.

Source(s): Mommy to 6 year old daughter, 4 year old son, 1 year old daughter, and just found out someone blessed me and gave me my wish i finally got my last little prince!! Had my ultrasound on 11/02 IT'S A BOY!!

Definitely possible. Redheads just seem to pop up out of nowhere. My aunt and uncle have 2 daughters and the youngest one came out with the bright reddest hair youve ever seen! She's the only one in our family who has red hair, but its for sure my uncle's daughter.

In order to have a red haired child, both parents must carry the red hair gene. Although your aunt and uncle do not have red hair, that does not mean they are not carriers of the red hair gene. It is quite possible that their child could have red hair if both are carriers of that particular gene.

Source(s): Red haired Mommy to a red haired princess

It's completely possible. Genetics are complicated. The allele for red hair is recessive - all that needs to happen for a baby to be born with red hair is for either your aunt or uncle to carry the genetic code responsible for red hair, not to have it themselves.

• Kel

The baby could take after somebody else in the family, on either side. My husband and I both have brown hair and brown eyes and our 15 month old son has blonde hair and blue eyes.

I have usually thought blonde was beautiful, i may always think the same.

yes, its very much so possible, if the mother and/or the father had someone in their lineage w/ reddish hair then that gene will be recessive, by the luck of the draw your cousin might have received that gene