Are there any drug-free people who support legalization of marijuana?

Oh, wait... I already know the answer to that: No.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your question assumes that no one who is "drug-free" supports marijuana legalization. That's so wrong as to be absurd. I won't even go into why marijuana is called a "drug" because it's illegal, but alcohol isn't a "drug" since it is legal... Was alcohol a "drug" during Prohibition? Was marijuana NOT a drug the thousands of years before it was made illegal? Anyway...

Of course, there are many "drug-free" people who support legalization of marijuana. How about President Jimmy Carter, for one? Another of the greatest supporters of legalization of marijuana was the conservative Milton Friedman. "an American economist, statistician, and public intellectual, and a recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics. He is known best among scholars for his theoretical and empirical research, especially consumption analysis, monetary history and theory, and for his demonstration of the complexity of stabilization policy."

The primary reasons for legalizing marijuana do not include "because I like it." The primary reasons for legalizing marijuana include 1. because it shouldn't have been made illegal to start, 2. the crime and harm caused by prohibition are much worse than marijuana use, 3. marijuana could be used as an alternative to MUCH more harmful substances such as alcohol, 4. on and on and on.

Don't be afraid to do some research and learn the truth yourself. Although, the tone of your question indicates that your mind is already closed.

• 1 decade ago

Hey. Me. I'm drug free. Totally for the legalization of marijuana. Really.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, there are many people who think it should be legalized and taxed.

• 1 decade ago

im 13 and drug free and believe that they should legalize pot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes. Here.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No i do not somke weed but if they let you kill your self with cigs, then hey smoke some weed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.