<3 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

My mom said I'm going to get salmonella because I put raw egg in my hair?

She said I have to clean the bathtub now.. (I never did and she forgot to remind me lol) but can I really get salmonella for putting raw egg in my hair?

(I heard rawegg makes your hair shiny and gives it proteins)

Best Answer

Don't worry, you won't get salmonella by putting it in your hair. Eating it on the other hand is not a good idea. I would recommend a special shampoo instead, egg is an old method of achieving shiny hair, nowadays it's mostly used on pets, like dogs. Modern shampoos are designed to contain the proteins for example which can be found in eggs.

That obviously won't happen. Salmonella is only from eating raw eggs. It won't be able to get into your system if you apply it to your hair. Also the chances of getting salmonella are fairly low anyways.

Source(s): me

lol Nope, you'd have to consume it in order to get salmonella. A lot of people even eat raw egg.

You'll be ok! :)

nooo. you only get salmonella if you eat a BAD raw egg. You can't get salmonella if you put it in your hair. and my mother told me about that too. it works.

no you'd have to eat the raw egg/ I'm pretty sure my mom puts raw eggs in her hair

• salmonella can only be "gotten" by consuming the raw egg and it has to be infected. putting a raw egg in your hair willnt infect you unless you suck on your hair while its in there and its an infected egg.

not that i know of. you only get it if you in jest it. as along as you don't eat raw eggs or accidentally touch your hair than your mouth or eyes then you should be fine.

but if you want to know for sure do research on it

mean mom, no you won't but do clean the tub and use a conditioner instead of yucky raw eggs

hahahah no you cant get salmonella... as long as it doesnt go in your mouth

as far as im concered, it does not absorb through the skin, you must consume *swallow) it. but im not a doctor....she might just b tryng to freak u out?