How can I find out the names of the diatomic molecules and compounds just by reading them?

I missed a seminar and I have to work on a worksheet. I'm in Grade 9 and I really have no clue. They don't tell us where to read in the textbook. I understand what a binary compound is... but maybe not completely. Sorry if this question confuses anyone or seems a bit stupid. They give us the name and we... show more I missed a seminar and I have to work on a worksheet. I'm in Grade 9 and I really have no clue. They don't tell us where to read in the textbook. I understand what a binary compound is... but maybe not completely. Sorry if this question confuses anyone or seems a bit stupid.

They give us the name and we write the formula. Then for another question, they give us the formula and we write the name.

Example: O2 ____
etc etc :S please help!
1 answer 1