I hate my name its michaela.. pronounced Mi-kay-lah?

, people at school often make fun of it and call me "mik-i-lah or mike-a-lah" its so annoying one person said to me the other day " oh the girl with the weird name over there" its sooo annoying i really want to change my name! x

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I love your name! Some people can be very mean. I don't think changing your name is the answer, these people will still call you Michaela. I know its really hard, but try and ignore it and eventually it will stop.

• hirano
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Kailana Jordan Kailana wintry climate Kailana Bryanne Kailana Victoria Kailana Elisabeth Kailana Margaret Kailana Georgina Kailana Serena Kailana Danielle Kailana Maria Kailana Catalina Kailana Lauren Kailana Paulina Kailana Nicole Kailana exhilaration Kailana faith Kailana Bailey Kailana Annaliese Kailana Addyson Kailana Leigh Kailana Vanessa Kailana Stephanie Kailana Nicosia Kailana Nadia Kailana Valentina Kailana Caroline Kailana Tess Kailana Johannah Kailana Madison Kailana Bethany Kailana Norah Kailana Katharine Kailana Rose Kailana Michaela Kailana Lynne

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Michaela is actually a common name, in every spelling form. I actually think that this name is extremely pretty! Those people are exceedingly mean and have no respect for one another. I never used to like my name (Claire) either as people would often call me "the Bear", but I have grown on it like you eventually will too.

Jermainianapa is about the strangest name I have ever heard. She was my daughter's friend. Michaela isn't nearly as strange as that!

-Claire(:

• Nova
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Don't worry about what other people think. People think I have a weird name because the way it's pronounced. They think Gabrielle is pronounced like the guys' name Gabriel. It's not at all and I can only correct them... hoping they say it right next time. Then, I also have random people tell me they love my name.

There are ups and downs you know, you can't let one person in school who means nothing to you hurt you. I like your name. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Aside from what my yahoo name is, thats my name as well (although spelled differently). Its kind of an annoying name, no one knows how to pronounce it or spell it, and there are no good nicknames (my family calls me Mic). However, eventually you get used to it. You get used to know one saying it right, and substitute teachers accidentally calling you Michael, but as long as your friends all know it, and the people who actually talk to you, it's all good.

• JustMe
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Michaela is a very popular name. Anyone can find anything in a name to make fun of if they want to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go by a pretty nickname that you like.

Mickey

Kaylee

Kayla

Kay

Em (As in the first letter, M)

Emmy (As in a nickname for the first letter, M)

Hayla

Hailey

Lala

Lolli

Or go by your middle name, or combine a nickname for your first name with a nickname for your middle name.

• 1 decade ago

Come up with a nickname. Just remind people what your nickname is.

• 1 decade ago

thats sad... you should call that person the idiot with the face. lol i know i would.

but just keep your name. You'll be good

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i love it... its pretty

dont worry what other people think...

if u really wanna change it go by your middle name

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.