Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

When a guy refers to a girl as "intimidating", what does he mean?

I know the actual definition of the word, obviously, but I really don't see how it applies to me seeing as I'm 5'1" and somewhat reserved.

Anyway, some guy said I was intimidating and was too scared to ask me out for nine months.

• ?
    Best Answer

being he think's you could have a bitchy/mean side.

It can mean any of these things:

Looks: This can mean something about you could look like you're unapproachable. This means that you seem like someone who could potentially be rude if someone asked you out. Dark eye makeup, dark clothing, masculine clothing, slutty clothing can all do this. Light colors, with a feminine but not slutty look are best.

Body language: Practice having a relaxed look that has a slight smile. Look people in the eyes. Try not to be too guarded.

Personality: You say you're somewhat reserved. Perhaps you're difficult to start a conversation with. Strike up conversations with others! Something as simple as, "What's going on with this crazy weather/class/etc?" can be a good open question that shows someone you're being friendly without being pushy.

Ultimately, guys don't like being rejected. Saying you're intimidating means something about you is putting out the vibe that you could respond unfavorably to his flirtations.

• Kay

Either you'e too pretty and confident, or you have something he wants like you won some fancy award that he didn't win. Or maybe you're rich and he isn't? That can be intimidating for a guy because he is expected to pay for everything and he might think that you expect more than he can give you.

My guy friends says that all the time. He thinks that she is scary and crazy. He complains that they would do something if he was mean to them so he throws off the excuse that are too intimidating for him. So I guess quit be so crazy.

Well, for the first 20 years of my life women openly laughed at me because I was fat. You tell me why I fear no man, even a murderous ex-con, but the laughter of women still sends a cold shiver down my spine.

(After those first 20, I got more scarry looking and large, so women leave me alone now)

Meaning he's not a caveman who's going to knock you over the head with a mace, and drag you home by your hair. But because he's a gent and you have the power to turn him down and make him feel miserable.

It means your outward appearance is one of anger / mistrust. Means you must seem to be somewhat... angry towards the advances of others.

It's not like they think you can beat them up lol.

It just means your personality isn't as friendly.

If your a really friendly person I can garuntee your not intimidating.

Maybe he thinks your judgemental and pretty?

He isn't actually afraid of you physically but he is scared of being around girls he likes, He is actually afraid of rejection.

that you or any woman for that matter is a woman of strong personality, very confident, highly intelligent, able to make and or reach her own decisions, conclusions without any help .........

Source(s): a woman like this seems to intimidate many men ... take away some of their power so to speak ......

It means he is afraid you will go Medusa on his *** and kill him.

You probably have an unstable personality.

E.g. Bipolar, family issues, chatty about stupid **** (Twilight), depressed, emotional