Is there a spell to become a mermaid that actually works?

I would like to know if there is a spell available to become a mermaid, one that works. I am asking people that believe in mermaids. Don't say things like "mermaids don't exist" because I take it very seriously and i find it offensive. PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SPELL!!!

BTW. I am also a witch

• Best Answer

Yahoo answers is a place for the asking of questions, and inherent to that process is the receiving of answers. You cannot demand to only receive answers that tell you what you WANT to hear, you must be prepared to receive the answers that tell you what you NEED to hear, and from educated people who know what they're talking about.

What you are about to read is absolute truth, and anyone seriously interested in knowing the real answer to a question should never be offended by the truth.

There are no such things as merfolk, and there is no such thing as a mergene. We have already completely sequenced the human genome. No such thing exists.

A sentient species always leaves behind artifacts of its existence. Merfolk could not exist at depth and be even vaguely similiar in appearance to humans, so they would have to live in fairly shallow depths. Artifacts would include architecture, articles of day to day life, such as tools, jewelry, and possibly written records, carved onto stone slabs. Merfolk items would be so different from anything a land-based lifeform could produce that it would be instantly identifiable.

No such evidence has ever came to light - and in our time of submarines, underwater sonar imaging, remote camera robots, bathyspheres, privately funded treasure hunts, scuba divers, underwater nuclear tests, etc. it is impossible for a shallow-depth culture of "mermaids" to exist and not be found.

The human body, with its specialized developments, has designed itself for land living in a gravitational environment. A merfolk would not need the body to be so bipedally designed and the buoyancy of the water itself offsetting the pull of gravity allows for a more symmetrical alignment of the organs from front to back instead of from side to side.

You cannot "evolve" backwards. By the time Homo Sapiens had evolved from Homo Neanderthalis, there was a millions of years interval between us and the time our mammalian ancestors differentiated from amphibian life. No such "regressive mutation" is possible - therefore human/fish "merfolk" are impossible.

Aquatic creatures, as stated above, evolved along far different lines than land-based animals. Even if a branch of fish could have developed human level intelligence (which is not possible - our brain development is a direct result of our environment and cannot be duplicated in the ocean) the closest possibility is the dolphin, which is the only sea creature that shows evidence of cognitive function anywhere near our level. There is absolutely no environmental reason for a cognitively developing sea creature to physically develop into a half human. It doesn't work like that.

As to "magic" - if "spells" actually worked to transform humans into their wishes, the world would be full of vampires, werewolves, unicorns, merfolk, elves, dwarves, etc. etc. ad nauseum, and all of these "emerging races" would be hunted by humans as oddities, captured for display, or studied for scientific purposes. If humans could transform into any creature, don't you think they'd "become" the property of the U.S. government so fast it'd make your head swim? (a little like the Monsters vs. Aliens movie).

***There are no spells or potions to do this, and anyone telling you that mermaids exist is either lying, or delusional.***

No, humankind is the only sentient race on earth, and all these fantasy creatures are nothing more than wishful thinking.

I am a Nurse - real education, real experience.

• Grace1 year agoReport

I love how everyone here is saying, You re a medical doctor with years of experience and education? Bah,even though I don t have any proof of such experience and am not covering any of your points, I am correct because... reasons... It s hilarious.

• maslo

Mermaid Spell

Glad you asked!

For a human, this process can be very easy, but it does come with a hefty price... immense pain. So, what you do, is you do the sacred dance of the mermaid around a campfire on a Tuesday. THEN you have to get over to the nearest lake and/or river, an ocean works too. It may feel excruciatingly painful, but at least you have become a MERMAID! (The spell automatically reverses itself when you leave the water)

For a WITCH, on the other hand, is a little bit more complicated... on a full moon, you must sacrifice your best witch friend under a blood moon. Burn your best witch friend and then dance on her ashes. Go over to a lake, river or ocean and like before, excruciating pain, but you will be a mermaid. (but for a witch there IS a 20% success rate, so if you try this and FAIL then you shall become Sebastian from The Little Mermaid, and the spell will never break...)

(But for realsies... this is not a real spell... and the reason we don't learn a real one, then everyone would be turning into a freaking mermaid >_<)

ok so I have so much to say. I am fine with this. mermaids are awesome. and they are real but they are terrifying they will kill u. I do have a spell but plz watch this video before I give it to u. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UnRXftax2k

Youtube thumbnail

. Like I said. If u really want to become this beast go ahead. here is the spell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RosUwvC2n9I

Youtube thumbnail

happy swimming. I have to say though the which thing at the end really pissed me off. Go ahead and call yourself a mermaid I don't care but do not call ur self a witch. If u really were one u would call yourself a wicken. And wickens worship satin! if u ever want to go to heaven u should not call yourself that. I don't get why people do these things. I used to pretend I was a werewolf. I decided that if I was part of a show I would be the main character. But I wouldnent. I would be someone in the background. But this doesn't mean u should give up. keep fighting for the lead roll. I will do the same. Since both me and u were born with out the path for the lead paved it just means we have to fight harder. :). so continue to do the things u do and don't stop believing. But I will tell u now if u want ur path to be one with paranormal u will not be one. U will be one that knows them. HAhah don't ever say u are something u are not. it hurts. become someone that hunts down paranormals. I hope u will work to ur dream. but hey u may not even be thinking that, how would I know. After all I only see as far as a human could.

• Legirine3 years agoReport

yeah this is dumber than the original question.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awUA6

Yes, I have tried this and it worked. This spell will only work on the night of full moon. First you have to find three living fish, and keep them alive. Take them with you to a beach and around 5 minutes before midnight sacrifice the fish, cut off their tails and rub the fish tails all over you legs and body waist down, make sure you do it properly, and get it absolutely everywhere (I mean everywhere, otherwise it won't work. I'm afraid you do have to be naked for this). Then you must walk into the water, so that your body waist down is submerged in water for when midnight strikes, you will soon feel a tingling sensation, this is your legs starting to turn into a mermaid tail, it should take around 15 minutes but everybody is different. Once you are fully transformed you can go under water and voila you are a mermaid. It will only last until the next full moon so enjoy.

There's no spell I've heard of or most importantly SEEN that works however there is a thing called liquid breathing ( an example of which is seen in the movie the abyss,yes it is a real example the actors actually experienced this I read somewhere ) (Wikipedia has a great article on liquid breathing) ) I see it as the closest most realistic way to experience the mermaid perspective :) hope it helps and good luck with your mermaiding endeavours xx

Can't believe this question hasn't been resolved yet. OK, here goes.

As the nurse guy said, no such link exists to suggest that human being either evolved OR devolved into any type of mer-creature. The best and only possible way for you to be one would be to dress up as one, but I wouldn't try breathing underwater or swimming with that flimsy cloth tail.

Also? Identifying yourself as a witch will get a lot of cold leads and one honest answer from the guy who knows how impossible it is. Being a witch doesn't automatically lead to becoming a folklore character from the 2nd century. There's no possible way mermaids can exist in our world. I'm afraid they're confined to the realm of fantasy fiction.

Also, mermaids are pretty useless out of the water. The Zora get my vote for most awesome fantastical sea creature.

YES! There is a spell.

First off, I would like to thank my gay friend for telling me his secret!

So, what you do is---wait, hold on sorry my mom is calling me

Me: Mom, there s still more cigars in the counter! I told you that 5 times.

Mom: That s not what I m talking about Max, mermaids AREN T REAL.

Me: But mom the are real--

Mom: Don t you dare but me! Why did I even adopt you in the first place?

Me: Because you wanted me to be there for you when your scared -_-

Mom: Now good, and believe me there are more creatures than turning into a mermaid!

Me: Like what?

Mom: Well you can become a leaf!

Me: No! I don t wanna be leafy!

Mom: Fine, now do your spell thing, I just got fired from my new job.

Me: What, that s like the 3rd time this month!

Mom: Yeah whatever.

Me: Okay BYE.

*Hangs up*

As I was *gets punched by Dad*

Dad: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MERMAIDS!

Me: Dad? You came back?

There isn't a spell but you can become a professional mermaid.Here's how

1.Train to be a professional deep sea diver

2.Go to those places like in Florida,they hold mermaid shows.

3.Get hired

4.Start work by putting on a fake tail and makeup and swim and entertain.

That's it!

Ps:the job also requires you to clean aquariums.

Spell To Become A Witch

NO theres no existing Spell to become a Mermaid (maybe in harry potter or else) but theres a sport where u can get a tail and swim like that!

and thats why there are so realistic photos