Mormons, why do eat chocolate and drink hot cocoa?

You do not allow yourself caffeine.. so why do eat chocolate? All chocolate has caffeine.. the darker the chocolate the more the caffeine. I'm not dogging you or anything.. only curious. I was at a dinner for some elders one night and I asked them this question.. 2 of them said nothing.. and one said... show more You do not allow yourself caffeine.. so why do eat chocolate?
All chocolate has caffeine.. the darker the chocolate the more the caffeine.
I'm not dogging you or anything.. only curious.
I was at a dinner for some elders one night and I asked them this question.. 2 of them said nothing.. and one said "I don't know.. I didn't know that there is caffeine in chocolate..but shh.. don't tell the Bishop".
As funny as his answer was..it didn't really provide me with any information, plus I'm sure Bishops know there is caffeine in chocolate.
So.. why?
Update: I am not a Mormon. I have a few Mormons friends and a lot of Mormon family.. but I would not consider them Christian.. and yes.. I've expressed this them. And we all still love each other. To the JW one.. I know that they will not recieve blood transfuions (have a few of them in the fam as well) but I... show more I am not a Mormon. I have a few Mormons friends and a lot of Mormon family.. but I would not consider them Christian.. and yes.. I've expressed this them. And we all still love each other.
To the JW one.. I know that they will not recieve blood transfuions (have a few of them in the fam as well) but I don't get the meat thing..
Update 2: It was only one elder that answered.. and yes he was kidding...but he honestly had no idea. And all 3 of them, my friend who was mormon and the other guy there all said that their chrurch strictly says No caffiene.. So none of them would consume anything with it.. except chocolate.
Update 3: Well all the Mormons I know.. and I know a great many, substain from caffiene. And I can think of one certain chrurch that does in fact tell their church not to consume anything with caffiene. Of course my sister says that they don't tell her that in her church. But it seems to me that the Mormon church is... show more Well all the Mormons I know.. and I know a great many, substain from caffiene. And I can think of one certain chrurch that does in fact tell their church not to consume anything with caffiene.
Of course my sister says that they don't tell her that in her church.
But it seems to me that the Mormon church is always changing something.. I guess that makes sense considering Josheph did it first..