Monitor resolution problem?

I have two computers one running XP the other I hope with windows 7. I have the same type monitor for both A Philips 170s 17in on my XP machine it says the resolution is 1024 x 768 but on my Widows 7 it insists the resolution is much higher . When I put in the resolution 1024 x 768 I get a balck screen at the top... show more I have two computers one running XP the other I hope with windows 7. I have the same type monitor for both A Philips 170s 17in on my XP machine it says the resolution is 1024 x 768 but on my Widows 7 it insists the resolution is much higher . When I put in the resolution 1024 x 768 I get a balck screen at the top and bottom about half inch. This seems a shame as I may have well bought a 15in monitor
When I accept the higher setting I go on Firefox and some pages dont fit and some are smaller and just sit in the middle of the screen any ideas
1 answer 1