T.J. asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Tim Tebow vs. Colt McCoy?

Who is the better QB this year????

Tebow: (Passing) 99 Comp./153 Att. 65% 1323 yds 8.6 Avg. 10 TD 4 Int. (Rushing) 137 Att. 551 yds. 4.0 Avg. 8 TD.

McCoy: (Passing) 200 Comp./275 Att. 73% 1977 Yds. 7.2 Avg. 15 TD. 8 Int. (Rushing) 60 Att. 138 Yds. 2.3 Avg. 1 TD.

To me it looks like Tebow got the upper hand.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tim Tebow and it isn't close. McCoy has padded his stats against poor teams and gets the majority of his yards by throwing a short route and the receiver running. The fact that he is getting Heisman consideration is purely an example of the media (read: ESPN) catering to larger fanbases. The guy is a slightly above average quarterback on an amazing team (except for running backs).

• 1 decade ago

To me it looks like Tebow got the upper hand.

8 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

wow in what world is 1323 yds passing better than 1977

65% is better that 75% ??

tebow has half the passing attempts. statistically it should be easier for tebow to have higher comp percentage

in almost twice as many pass attempts mccoy has only 4 more ints

tebow has triple the rushing yards.... so it is hands down tebow is the better fullback than mccoy but mccoy is the better quarterback

• 1 decade ago

McCoy, better comp. percentage. Tim Teebow is a running back in my opinion. The only NFL team that i can see wanting him is Miami Dolphins because he would be good in the wild cat. But hes not gonna be as effective running in the NFl going up against professionals instead of shitty high school teams.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McCoy without a doubt. Tebow might be the better all around football player but if you are talking about the QB position only its McCoy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

73%>65%

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.