Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

What does poetry mean to you?

What does poetry mean to you??

thanks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means a lot of things to me: therapy when I am lost. Self-realization and growing. Expressing things which in this imperfect world cannot be expressed and speaking beyond language. Respite when I am weary in the struggle to become who I am. Poetry to me is a spiritual tool more than anything else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It means inspiration, which comes from within. Poetry is a creative

mind. When the mind get absorbed in thoughts of things that happened to people, whether they are good or bad. The mind gets inspired and start by writing those thoughts, and one thought after another; gets together on the same issue and then a poetry is born.

Source(s): knowledge. I have been writing poetry since i was 12 yrs old. Never published any. I will someday publish, my own book.
  • 1 decade ago

It is a way for an artist to express themselves, their feelings and thoughts. Poetry is a form of art. I love good poetry.

• 1 decade ago

Poetry is my escape..

I'm more myself when writing poems than with friends or family.

It's an expression of feelings.

It's art.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's an expression and a behavior!

An escape from, sometimes, harsh realities or the creation of such realities. It's the imagination used in an intellectual form.

• 1 decade ago

Personally, I see it as a way of expressing yourself. Or as in some movie I cant remember the name of "painting pictures with words"

I myself write poems ^^ So yeah. To me it's my way of expressing myself/feelings

• 5 years ago

sophisticated factor. look into with google or bing. that could actually help!

• 1 decade ago

pointless crap that bores the hell outta me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.