Scott asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Siamese cats behavior?

Do siamese cats have issues with being around other cats my cat hisses alot whenever shes around another cat is this typical?

Favorite Answer

A Siamese cat is very close to another cat and in fact is attached to the other cat. She is probably hissing because she wants to be separated. Doctors can do this with Siamese twin people so they should manage it with Siamese cats.

First of all, you do not have a siamese but a black cat of some mixed breed. The cat may have attacked yor brother for a variety of reasons. If the cat senses that your brother is afraid of animals he could have picke up on that. The cat could also have been trying to get some attention or get your brother to play with him. My black cat tends to get a little rough when he believes he is being ignored as he likes to be the center of attention. Keep an eye on the cat and look for other changes in behavior. If this was a one time thing (and hopefully it was) then you can just forget it. However, if the cat contiues the behavior or changes other behaviors you should contact your vet.

All cats are territorial - so that's cat behaviour, not Siamese behaviour.

You can get a cat (of any breed) to grow used to having another cat around, but it takes time.

My cats are like that; they aren't Siamese, but this is normal cat behavior.

my siamese is 14 yrs old.when we brought another cat home his whole disposition had changed,hissing growling,not playing,very taken aback by this. he was 5 when this happened.when my room mate moved it took him a few months to be his old self.so yes i do beleive so.and this was after 7yrs of those two together.