When spirit-ual of divide asunder soul<-->spirit, then try the spirits: spirit of error vs spirit of truth?

1John 4 seems to suggest trying plural spirits,

since one of twain is spirit of error: anti-christ.

Hebrews 4 seems to suggest two dividing asunders:

- divide asunder soul<-->spirit

- divide asunder joints<-->marrow

to get to the thoughts & intents of the heart

1Cor 15 seems to suggest dividing soul<-->spirit,

is dividing asunder Adam1(soul)<-->Adam2(spirit);

but then says "as in Adam all die", whether 1 or 2.

false/true Christs shall arise,

the false Christs to deceive?

so appearances can be deceiving,

as spirit of error can be deceiving?

so judge not according to the appearance,

but judge righteous judgement: John 7:24

judge not, but judge?

are we talking law not, but grace?

What are your thoughts about such things?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • LJM
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We ARE a soul and we HAVE a spirit. What we think influences our intents When we trust Christ; is it not our spirit that receives the Holy Spirit? My question (if I may) is: what part of us is saved? What is eternal? Soul AND spirit? Is it our 'spirit' that keeps our soul alive? Are both saved and return to the Creator Who breathed into us the breath of life and caused us to become a living soul? These are my thoughts and questions. I would like to hear others.

• cheir
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You appear to touch on the the Bible teaching on the tripartite nature of humanity [1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 4:12]. A person consists of a body, soul and spirit [Isaiah 10:18; Matthew 10:28; Luke1:46,47]. The soul is made up of the mind, emotions and the will [Samuel 5:8; Job 6:7; Psalm 86:4; 139:14; Song of Solomon 1:7; 2 Lamentations 3:20; 1 Corinthians 14:14]. When Adam fell his spirit became deadened, insulated from God and lost its functions toward God [Ephesians 2:1]; and the conscience (God-centered morality and ethics) became defiled [Hebrews 10:22].

• docjp
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Much of the use of the term "spirit" in the Bible is due to authors not having available the terms "consciousness" or Spiritual dimension.

The term Soul is the same as "spirit".

"...spirit or error.." means "nature of".

Every living entity has a Soul. And the entire Creation is sustained by an energy that God projected to serve that purpose. This energy is known in Christianity as the "Word" and in Hindi this energy is called "Shabd".

Judgment is of the MIND realm, and this means it is at best an error, so we are told to practice acceptance [non-judgment] as the only acceptable way to insure not being subject to ones MIND. This of course is a goal more than it is a way of life for most people. And judgment is allowed for those whose job is making judgment.

Peace

Source(s): The Path of the Masters, by Julian P. Johnson
  • 1 decade ago

It's all up to the interpretations from many different people.

Therein lies one of the major problems. You'd think the Bible, and all it's many translations, would be a bit more clear, yes?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

hi Seth. all of us have interior of a small quiet voice for fact which suits by way of many names, discernment, our fact sense, the Spirit. it fairly is our handbook via the woodland & he speaks to us consistently. the project is we've forgotten the thank you to pay attention, or worse have forgotten he became ever there. he's only confusing to pay attention because of the fact the voice for the international, the ego voice screams in a relentless monologue of desire, desire, & desire. This consistent chatter or screaming drowns out the voice of our real handbook. we've heard this monologue in our heads for see you later we even have self belief that it fairly is words, desires, & temper tantrums are our techniques. it fairly is it fairly is ultimate weapon for a fashion can any refuse to heed what they mistakenly yet even have self belief to be their self? To as quickly as lower back develop into attentive to the voice of the Spirit who waits patiently for us all one might desire to discover ways to stop the internal chatter & Be nonetheless & pay attention. The voice for the international is extra effective than satisfied to enable us to have self belief words without the required artwork it fairly is mandatory to pay attention the Spirit, it fairly is the way it would fool "even the decide on". In it fairly is eyes it fairly is a win-win difficulty, we get to sense holy & it flourishes on our lack of information. faith without works is lifeless, & the 1st order of economic company is to prepare a place for real Holiness to stay. I advise no disrespect, yet while "Being stored" became adequate & if "i'm no longer appropriate, only stored" fairly became real, why did Jesus say "Be Ye appropriate on a similar time as your Father in Heaven is appropriate". it fairly is no longer my objective to offend, yet those are questions that I even have had to answer for myself alongside the way. the actual artwork, only like our connection with God is an interior interest. yet perhaps we are too busy struggling with over who's solid & who's misguided, judging the well worth of our Brothers with each concept & be conscious to start the "meat" of the walk. might all of us come to undergo in techniques! Many advantages!

• 1 decade ago

*best Alex Trebeck voice*

Could you phrase that in the form of a question?

• 1 decade ago

Try again with whole sentences.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.