What religion do you know of that STRICTLY adheres to the Bible?

im talking adhering to:

(1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10) What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men [which would rule out the Catholic, or at least their priests...], 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.

[in regards to the comment i made above about priests]:

(ROMANS 2:21-24) do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? You, the one preaching “Do not steal,” do you steal? 22 You, the one saying “Do not commit adultery,” do you commit adultery? You, the one expressing abhorrence of the idols, do you rob temples? 23 You, who take pride in law, do you by your transgressing of the Law dishonor God? 24 For “the name of God is being blasphemed on account of YOU people among the nations”; just as it is written.

-AND-

(MATTHEW 10:8) Cure sick people, raise up dead persons, make lepers clean, expel demons. YOU received free, give free.

-AND-

(1 CORINTHIANS 5:9-11) In my letter I wrote YOU to quit mixing in company with fornicators, 10 not [meaning] entirely with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, YOU would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.

-AND-

(ACTS 18:5) When, now, both Silas and Timothy came down from Mac‧e‧do′ni‧a, Paul began to be intensely occupied with the word, witnessing to the Jews to prove that Jesus is the Christ.

-AND-

(MATTHEW 28:19-20) Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

-AND-

(JOHN 15:10) If YOU observe my commandments, YOU will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.

[His commandments being above in 1 Co 6:9-10]

-AND-

actually use the name of God instead of replacing His name with "the LORD"

i only know of one. that would be those "bearing Witness" just as Abel did:

(HEBREWS 11:4) By faith Abel offered God a sacrifice of greater worth than Cain, through which [faith] he had witness borne to him that he was righteous, God bearing witness respecting his gifts; and through it he, although he died, yet speaks.

... just as Jesus did [noted above]

What do you think?

Update:

and how can one call himself Christian if he does not note ALL of what he was given by the Christ and His Father [the Biblical stuff]? would that not be the hypocrisy "Christians" cry out against?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The only true Bible Church is the Catholic Church. There are absolutely no contradictions between the Bible and Catholic teaching. No other Church can make such a claim. That is why the Church is called in Scriptures the "pillar and foundation of the truth" and the shining city on a hill. It is the Ark for humanity against the evil in the world.

By the end of the first century the Church was formed around the bishop who represented the Church in apostolic succession. The great commission was well underway and had extended to the Gentiles as well as the Jews. In scriptures we see St. Paul in his epistles telling the Church to respect the Sacred Traditions handed to them coming from both written sources and oral ones. Even the written sources were delivered orally as transcripts were very rare and few people were literate. There was not widespread distribution of what we consider today to be inspired Scripture as decided at the African Synods by the Church in the late fourth and early fifth centuries. Throughout the first sixteen centuries of the Church there was never any question that the authority of truth rested in the Church as the “regula fidei” where all teaching was and is measured by Sacred Tradition not by the Bible alone, especially when interpreted outside of its source the Church. To orthodox Christians this would be considered ridiculous as well as arrogant considering the church never wrote the Bible to be a sole source of faith, morals and practice and one author even reminded those who would approach its use in such a way as to consider it the only source that it is incomplete as far as teaching and that Christ taught much more than what it contained. In fact, it warns that it contains only a small part of Christ’s teaching, but the faithful need not fear because the Church was sent the Holy Spirit that leads the Church to all truths.

Obviously, because there are those who have rejected orthodox Christianity some lack the fullness of truth that is contained in the Episcopal structure of Christ’s Church. They lack the fullness of worship by not having the corporeal Christ present in their worship. They lack the fullness of faith by not receiving His Body and Blood that the Bible and Sacred Tradition say is necessary for eternal life. The Church is led by men as the enduring Church and not by a book easily misinterpreted and its teaching turned into the traditions and doctrines of men by those through eisegesis use it to support their desires of the flesh very often exhibited by their hatred for the Church and hatred for the most sacred of gifts to humanity His Body and Blood of the Eucharist. These misinterpretations also cause them to have animosity for each other with the same source, the Bible being used to justify schisms which are usually not so much the result of theological disagreements so much as pridefulness and deceit which are no gifts of the Spirit but attributes of the flesh that inhibit our process of sanctification that leads to final salvation. Perhaps this is why Jesus said as a prophetic statement, that unless we eat of His Body and drink His blood we have no life in us. Perhaps this is why the Bible teaches that it is not enough to cry “Lord, Lord” as some of those who do will hear at their judgment that Christ never knew them and be thrown into the lake of fire.

Christ did not teach that we are to gather around a book of Scriptures to find the truth but that the truth is found in the Church that gathers around the bishop. God was not the author of division as has occurred with those who have abandoned the Church for their private interpretations of Scripture into tens of thousands of exponentially increasing schisms without end. God is a God of unity where He prayed His prayer before His arrest and crucifixion that we all be one. He is not a God that can only be found in the pages of a Book but who is found in His Church and where His corporeal presence is given to His Church as He promised so that we may endure to eternal life and His Church may endure until He comes again. It is His Church where the truth resides, there is no other.

In Christ

Fr. Joseph

• 3 years ago

Follow Strictly

• your question isn't quite clear to me. You are asking what religion strictly adheres to the Bible, yet you single out specific passages. Is the rest of God's word not true or unimportant? Please do not take offense to my question I am just trying to understand your question more clearly. The fact that you quote a verse or passage specific and then question (I guess anyone associated with any denominational body) about aren't you doing that baffles me? I take you study the scriptures in depth, hence your supporting verses, but what is it your really asking? Any religion that does not add to or take away from the Word of God (the Bible) strictly adheres to it. Does that make that religion sinless or any less human. We are all hypocrites but Paul explains this in Romans 7:14-25 and confirms that we are more than conquerors in Romans 8:28-39. Psalm 53:1-3 states

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.

God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand,any who seek God.

Everyone has turned away, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Anyone who claims they are a Christian should not stray from God's commandments but because of our sinful nature we do, and to try to single out a person or persons, a specific denomination based on what individuals do I don't believe is right. As a Missouri Synod Lutheran we do not very from scripture to suit our needs everything taught is supported by scripture and not interpreted to suit what we want to hear we are to face the truth that we are sinners and that by God's grace alone are we saved. So I apologize for the long winded answer which I really don't feel I supplied due to the fact that I am still not entirely sure of what you were asking for

God's peace

• Debra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It is not just southern Baptist that this happens too. People who claim to be ‘Christians’ will pick and choose what applies to them and what does not from the Bible so that they can say that they are good Christians and that God knows their hearts. It is said that people who claim to be followers do not truly follow, Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Does the Bile state that one should not go to see potter because it is witchcraft? Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Notice that it is the ‘works of the FLESH’ that Paul is talking about. I would not go see it personally for I do not find it entertaining. But a Christian should really just ask themselves would they do it with the Son of God sitting next to them? A follow should not drink either because you lose control of your mind you come to an altered state, yet does the Bible teach not to drink? 1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. Sober “to abstain from wine” If one claims to be a Christian they should follow the Bible and not what they want. Private emails accepted David

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are wrong about the verse John 15:10..... The commandments of Jesus are to love God with all ones heart and soul, and the second is to love your neighbor.

And the rest of the verses you seem to not understand as well, but I'm not going into detail.

Follow the two commandments of Jesus and maybe you may gain some wisdom.

• ARCHIE
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Have you obeyed Acts 2:38?

"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins..."

BIBLICAL RECORD

The Samaritans: "They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus' (Acts 8:16).

The Gentiles: "And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord" (Acts 10:48). (The earliest Greek manuscripts that we have say, "In the name of Jesus Christ," as do most versions today.)

The disciples of John (rebaptized): "They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 19:5).

The Apostle Paul: "Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

Moreover, the Epistles contain a number of references or allusions to baptism in Jesus' name. See Romans 6:3-4; I Corinthians 1:13; 6:11; Galatians 3:27 ; Colossians 2:12; James 2:7.

If, as some say, "the name of Jesus means the authority of Jesus", then so much more should the NAME, rather than the titles, be called over an individual in baptism.

Read Matthew 28:18, Acts 4:12 and Colossians 2:9.

Jude 3 is an exhortation to "CONTEND FOR THE FAITH ONCE DELIVERED TO THE SAINTS."

See Galatians 1:8-9 also. Should ANYONE dare to change what CHRIST and the Apostles established?

• 1 decade ago

Catholics i have no use for the bible they tend to follow a more, bablonian saturian system that they dupe the brainwashed masses into believing that the church of rome is a christian church bullsh8t its 100% pagan

Source(s): why do you think for 1200 years they for bed the people from reading the gospel. 666=viacrius feli dei(Papacy) Virgin Mary(not a diety and not a perputaul virgin)
  • 1 decade ago

Pretty much the fundamental Christians can be counted on to believe in literal translation of the Bible.

As Christians we are not required to accept every word as it is written, and it's virtually impossible to follow every rule. Being a Christian shouldn't be so much work. Loving others is what matters the most, and using common sense when it comes to Bible verses.

I do think that some of the verses you quote are reasonable though. I would think most faiths would accept those statements.

• 1 decade ago

Any bible believing Christian. When Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, He always said it is written. The written word spoken in faith over rides any conflict with the devil or misfortune that happens in life. The promises of God were powerful when written and are just as powerful today. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He said my people perish for lack of knowledge. And that knowledge is knowing and living by the word of God. Its always refreshing when someone reminds us that the truth cannot be compromised. That is when there is a falling away from the truth and doctrines of devils creep in.

• CJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Orthodox Judaism is probably the closest. Although they also apply common sense to the more obscure aspects of the OT, unlike most fundamentalist Christians.

Edit: Oh wait - I guess you meant to ask "What religion do you know of that strictly adheres to the NEW TESTAMENT?" Did you know that most of the Bible is not the New Testament?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.