Chris F asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs Josh Koscheck....who wins?

I think Anthony will KO Koscheck in round 2.

BTW ben.... im pretty sure Johnson winning would not be an upset!

Favorite Answer

A win in this fight is going to be big for either fighter. Anthony Johnson is on his way up and looks unstoppable, so a win against Koscheck would just further establish the fact that he's a genuine contender. A win for Koscheck will get him out of this up and down funk he's in right now and, with one more win after this, could earn himself a shot at the title.

Both fighters claim kickboxing and wrestling as their style, so no advantage either way other than Koscheck has more established his wrestling prowess than has Johnson.

Anthony Johnson has a 4 inch height advantage and 5 inch reach advantage.

I think everyone can agree that Koscheck doesn't want to stand with Johnson. "Rumble" has proven that he has consistent knockout power, so that combined with his reach advantage means Koscheck needs to take it to the ground. Johnson doesn't have any forseeable experience with submissions, but neither does Koscheck.

On paper this fight looks like it favors Johnson, but I think it will turn out to be a boring wrestling match unless someone can get into a position to throw down a little "ground and pound".

My prediction: Upset win by Anthony Johnson

Source(s): Opinion Records obtained from each fighters wikipedia page.

If Koscheck can get him to the ground, I think he stands a decent chance of pounding out the win. BUT, I think Rumble is a lot stronger than Koscheck and will give him a run for his money, even if it goes to the ground. Now if Kos keeps it standing, I see Rumble knocking Kos' head clean off his shoulders.

this fight can go either 2 ways, Koscheck tries to stand like a moron like when he fought Paulo Thiago, and Thiago Alves, and gets Ko'd quick by Rumble Johnson, or he can use his wrestling to stifle the standup attack and grind out a decision, just depends on who can implement their game plan better, if Koscheck uses his ego he's gonna get Ko'd.

Koscheck is gonna win using his wrestling skills.

well they would cancle each othrs wrestling skills so id give it to anthony...ko 2nd round(3rd 4 sure)

johnson hands down