RonJon
RonJon asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think that the senators are going to read/understand the new heath care bill?

I was going to start reading some of it, because it seemed like a major piece of legislation and I was curious. I looked at the PDF and it was 1990 pages. It is kind of laughable and kind of not. It is laughable in how long it is, but not in that I feel like not even one senator will have an idea of exactly what is in it. What do you think?

• Tony R
    Favorite Answer

I doubt any of them will actually read it all the way through. 1990 pages of contract-esque writing (which anyone should know is REALLY annoying and REALLY confusing) about a new health care plan?! I am the type of person who would try my hardest to read it through and understand it for the good of the people it effects, and I KNOW I couldn't finish or understand that.

it is too plenty to easily go over it right here. i will assist you to be attentive to the main important reason i'm against it. a million) it is going to stress people to purchase scientific well-being coverage. The penalty for no longer doing so could be a hefty advantageous. it is unconstitutional. 2) The IRS would be the entity administering this application. they are able to't even run the business enterprise because it is. 3) The Congress is attempting to evade the form the way they're intending. fairly than having the two homes vote on the precise comparable bill (it is a call for via regulation), they opt to "deem" the Senate bill exceeded with no desire a vote. 4) extra advantageous than 50% of people are in comparison bill. The democratic leaders are utilising bribes and intimidation to good arm their people into voting for it. 5) I artwork at a scientific institution, a great sort of medical doctors (including my very own) will retire or replace professions could it pass. The bill states that the government will set the charges for medical doctors. etc, etc, etc

It should be a requirement that every bill is read and understood by our representatives who vote on it. That should be considered a major part of their job by US. How can they vote on something if they don't know whether it is good or bad? When they don't read & understand the bills we are not really being represented.

How long would an employer keep an employee that only shows up for work but does nothing? That employee also has the benefits of heath care & a pension not counting the salary paid to them.

Wouldn't we say that employer was getting ripped off as well as not being very smart?

We are that employer.

I'm sure most of them will not read anything,except Amendments that they were responsible for.And even that's not certain.After all there were Senators who claimed they didn't know the Stimulus Bill would allow Billions to be handed out as bonuses,even though the Amendments that allowed it to happen were sponsored by them.

This will be a repeat of the Stimulus Bill.They will Vote for it without reading hardly any of it.then pretend they didn't know about certain parts of it,when provisions within the Bill are responsible for wasting Billions.Wonder how long it will be before we find out we're covering Health Care for millions of Illegal Immigrants? Count on it,it's coming.

RWE

Read yes. Will those on the right let themselves understand it? No. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see, and when you are taking thirty pieces of silver from the (un)insurance companies, then you can not see the truth.

I am always amazed how many Americans seem not to be aware about the real healthcare issues relying instead on FOX and other sources to spread lies about the healthcare system of the USA and those abroad. I mean, if healthcare in nations with universal coverage is so bad, why do they keep it?

Obama wants to make insurance more available to all and change the system so that it gives the American people value for money [1]. He also wants change so that the insurance companies find it harder to get out of paying for treatment. The system he is proposing looks similar to that which works in Taiwan where private companies are involved in providing healthcare [2].

Obama campaigned on reforming the healthcare system. He said he wanted to make insurance more available and he was elected by the American people to do this [3].

FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids both for kids aged under one and those under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [4].

FACT – American insurance companies push up prices and work to stop paying out claims on those they cover [5].

FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [6].

That means that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in any western nation with universal health coverage.

If you do not like the policies that Obama was elected to bring in, he can always be voted out of office in 2012. But if you disagree with the facts, please let me know. I am always willing to learn, but please provide proof. None of those who disagree with me have been able to do that so far.

Yes of course they will, they have staff members and are lawyers themselves. The media will also examine it and report what they find, as will groups for and against it. This is the American way, there are no secrets, only the uninformed.

• Kettu

Well they do have 72 hrs to read it. What they do is delegate parts to different people to read and then have those people report back about whats in their section.

This is still ridiculous. It should be shorter and plain English.

Everyone of the Dems read the bill. The republicans didn't read it cause they intend to vote no on it regardless.

I think they just basically skimmed through it. Had staffers read the bill then summarize it's content for them.

I think they've been fighting over it point by point for so long that they all know what is in this draft. They are going to debate it before the vote and have plenty of time to clarify and/or change anything they may still not be clear on.

Source(s): .
  • It doesn't matter. The ENTIRE bill you saw is a smoke-screen.

IMMEDIATELY before the vote, a whole new package (of blank paper) said to be "the revised version" will be waved in front of them. The real bill won't even be WRITTEN until AFTER the vote.

Source(s): This is not my first Democrat Congress.