Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

PF fans: If Syd Barrett was 'emo' (with his acid OD's), doesn't that make PF 'emo' (not w.r.t the genre 'emo')?

Update:

Just look at what Syd Barrett did to himself.

Update 2:

I'm not saying 'emo' like punk emo or the genre, but in terms of 'hurting oneself'; like Syd Barrett did.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • hyæna
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

how many emos do you know who OD on acid.

• 1 decade ago

one: emo bands include bands such as julia, rites of spring, fugazi (sometimes), saetia, pageninetynine, indian summer, clikitat ikatowi, raein, etc.

two: emo does not mean whiney or self-harm. it is short for emotional hardcore.

three: do not make fun of syd barret. he was awesome, as was pink floyd. syd barret was not emo, nor is anyone else. you cannot be a genre of music. example: a person cannot be considered techno.

• 1 decade ago

emo-adjective-[E-moh]--

Punk music commenced from estrogen that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 15 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

Source(s): Think again.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pink Floyd (and Syd in particular) should never be associated with that whiney, pathetic crap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Not at all. Only an idiot would compare the two.

• Nobody cares about your stupid little questions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fail...

Source(s): Again.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Alright, first question I was willing to pass off as ignorance, but this is just ridiculous.

So on that note, I leave you with this.

SUPER COOL STORY, BRO

_

( ((

\ =\

__\_ `-\

(____))( \----

(____)) _

(____))

(____))____/----

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dude.....no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.