Pink Floyd fans: are PF extremely pretentious and overrated (please read details of the question)?

Pink Floyd is so damn boring. Is it necessary for them to add sounds to everything? Like the cash register, I think there is a helicopter on one of their songs, boring. Then they have the classroom 'Another Brick in the Wall', which is innovative as hell, sure; but not anything special. You can say the same... show more Pink Floyd is so damn boring. Is it necessary for them to add sounds to everything? Like the cash register, I think there is a helicopter on one of their songs, boring. Then they have the classroom 'Another Brick in the Wall', which is innovative as hell, sure; but not anything special. You can say the same thing for their lasers in the live shows, innovative; but not indicative of any incredible musical talent. Their music is boring and slow, unfortunately.

I think it's pretty stupid for all these kids here to be wearing DSOTM shirts, and not know anything about Pink Floyd besides the album.. I have only met one kid who knows stuff about Pink Floyd and wears the clothes.