? asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

How much better are the Phillies than the Yankees?

If prior game 1s in the World Series have taught us anything, its that the team that wins wins it all most of the time. That being said, how much better are the Phillies than the Yankees?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I only look at the facts. And the facts right now are, being that the Phillies lead the series 1-0, the Phillies are 100% times better than the Yankees.

Source(s): Game 1, facts.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....thats humorous.... Bay and Francouer had their honest share of struggles on the plate final year. once you go with Gary Sheffield to play a beginning outfield place you be attentive to your a foul group. Hmm..Castillo is this an identical guy that dropped that ball final year and the Yankees won the sport? Maine and Perez, your top, could win 15 video games...at the same time. If Perez can win 15 video games, then it shows how very undesirable the communities he pitches against are. Pelfrey dosent have a prayer, he's a terrible pitcher. to no longer point out the Mets don't have a good closer. they have no prayer of triumphing the pennent except the unresonable and extreme happens. The Phillies, Braves, and Marlins are plenty, plenty extra helpful than the Mets. The Nationals...nicely..are the Nationals. i could say Braves or Phillies for the NL East, and the Mets have been given no prayer. The Phillies have an prevalent pitching rotation, and a powerful line-up. The Braves have good pitching, and line-up which could them the place they could be. The Marlins have a sprint of the two. The Mets have...a weakish line-up and..do no longer even get me began on the pitching group. Mets followers can go around saying it grow to be injuries final year all they choose, besides the incontrovertible fact that it grow to be extra advantageous than merely injures to end 20 or so video games under .500. Matt, in case you think of the Mets, Braves, and Marlins are on an identical point then you definately could watch some NL East baseball. The Braves could have won the East final year if Lowe hadnt began to make a mistake, and in the event that they had a good closer. This year the Braves are going to teach the Phillies what competion interior the branch is all approximately. they're, a minimum of, going to furnish the Phillies a great 'ole chew interior the ***.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe a bit but I still see these teams as very well matched. I'm hoping for the Phillies to win of course and see the game 1 win as a huge boost to them but the Yankees won 103 games in the toughest division in baseball. Cliff Lee may have made them look silly last night but I'd be very surprised if they went down without a fight. Phillies in 6 or 7 is the most realistic outcome.

• E
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Phillies are NO better than the Yankees. Coming into this matchup, the Yankees had the edge of all baseball experts. And I still think they do. Yes, the past 6 years, the team who won the first game has won the WS, but this year is different.

As long as Cliff Lee isn't pitching, the Yankees can pound all over the Phillies. Pedro Martinez hasn't done that well against the Yankees in his career, and then Philly has Hamels and Blanton who have been bad.

I still have to think that the Yanks can come back and pull this WS off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think as a whole, they are both pretty equally sound...

BUT

it seems the Phillies just have no mental blocks, they are capable of beating ANY team... and they look at the Yanks just like they would anyone else, a team to beat

so as far as that goes, I would say the Phillies are a lot better

• 1 decade ago

to be honest the phillies pitching is a little stronger than the yankees .yankees can loose the first two games even the the third and i still believe that they can win the last four games ...

• 1 decade ago

their not better i think the yankees and the phillies are pretty much the most evenly matched teams to play in the world series for a long time this series is gonna come down to who makes more mistakes pretty much

• 1 decade ago

At least 5 runs better last night. But the series is still to young to call, though the Willie Yanks must win tonite or it is all over but the crying!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

honestly not that much better. if u look at how the phillies won yesterday it was due to cliff lee and chase utley that did everything. We (Yankees) brought in our crappy bullpen after that and it went downhill but before that it was all even. phillies though had slightly more dominant pitching. I think u will see today just how equal they are cause if pedro martinez fails in pitching who are u gonna bring in to start pitching?....

Source(s): me
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They look driven and by the book...phillies will out coach them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.