What are some good exercises to help relief back-pain with ankylosing spondylitis?

I have ankylosing spondylitis and was taking enbril but due to insurance issues can no longer afford it what are some exercises I can do to keep on top of my lower back inflammation?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here are two good back exercises that should help you get some relief. The second one you can do all the way to the end of your tailbone if you want:

Back:

Place your left hand on your left knee. Place your right hand over your left shoulder and with your fingertips find the muscle next to your spine. Press on it and hold. Relax, take a deep breath and exhale and don’t tense up any part of your body. After about 30 seconds there should be a release happening and when it does slowly lower yourself forward onto your right leg. If you can lean over the outside edge of your leg it will be better for your release. Continue holding for a total of one minute. Then release but rest your body there for one minute longer. Then reverse and do the right side.

For lower back, on the buttocks:

Put both hands behind your back and place them on the muscles alongside your spine and press on them and hold. Now relax, take a deep breath and exhale and don’t tense up any part of your body. When the release starts to happen, slowly lower yourself forward as far as you can go. Then release the pressure but hold your body there for one minute longer.

• 1 decade ago

Core training has been shown to reduce back pain but I am not sure if these core exercises are effective for your specific condition. Several sample exercises are provided at the end of this article.

http://www.gomoji.com/pages/article_detail/31.php?...

You probably know this but icing helps inflammation.

Source(s): www.gomoji.com
  • verra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

im no longer certain approximately your discomfort.. but if i used to be pregnant i used to be competent to take tylenal and bloodless medicnes and stuff.. so so much matters are secure however there aren't any nos.. name your gyno and ask them what's secure to take for yuor discomfort they usually will have to be competent to inform you correct off the bat

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.