Best way to go about getting a non-local job?

I have just recently graduated college and have been applying to jobs all over the US, but haven't got any callbacks yet. What's the best way to get an out of town job? Should I go through a staffing agency? Use Monster/Careerbuilder.com? Find job postings on online media sites in other cities? Do I need to have some other consideration? Should I mention the fact that I want to relocate in my cover letter, or just write the cover letter as I normally would?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Favorite Answer

We are just coming out of a bad recession. Firms have not started hiring yet. That is the problem you are facing.

Yes. You should mention that you would be happy to relocate at your own expense. However, it is much easier for firms to hire someone who already resides in the city. Besides in this job market there are lot of local candidates, that have no need to fly in out-of-town candidates for interviews. So, it is better if you move to a big city and start your search as a local candidate. This will allow you to visit job fairs, or meet recruiting agents in person. Scan the local job listings, attend events where you can meet people and build contacts. It will at least help you develop networking skills and confidence.

Apply for internships. Offer to work as intern when responding to an ad for you don't have enough experience. If you show interest and learn fast, they may hire you full time after the internship.

You can work with the placement center at your university. Use all the help and resources they can provide you. They usually have list of firms that have hired interns in the past. Get alumni contacts in the firms you like and touch base with them. Ask them about internships. If there is no internship, ask for informational interviews and go meet them. This helps your networking skills. If you are able to connect with them, they might let you know should an internship or entry-level opportunity come up.

Try part time jobs at school or volunteer to keep yourself busy during this time. Also think about taking a class or learning some skills in the meanwhile. Good Luck.

2

Source(s): Fill Surveys Get Cash - http://onlinesurveys.iukiy.com/?YJNl

Overall, respectable process. You most likely have a grip on how a digital camera works and what you'll be able to get it to do. Compositionally your paintings oftentimes is well, however it is too inconsistent. You have got to feel approximately the guideline of thirds and recognise whilst you shold be breaking it. Content shrewd I'm now not going to hassle going by way of one hundred pics, however there may be little paintings that could is fairly documenting stuff. The harsh method of hanging that is that it is rather pretentious paintings, and even as a few are great to seem at, does not have the vigor to difference worlds, whatever that photojournalism and video media can furnish whilst phrases fail. I have left a few extra targeted remark on individiual pics. Edit: having checked out your pics I detect you revel in panorama pictures. The first-rate areas are virtually all off the crushed monitor and I'd like to only remind you that you just have got to be good all set whilst you do cross out. If you are going to be going for walks then boots are main. Remember to layer up apparel (t-blouse, shoftshell then water resistant/windbreaker and water resistant trousers are helpful), take a few water, chocolate bars and vigor capsules. Also make certain you do not get misplaced through taking no less than a map and compass, and if you'll be able to come up with the money for one a GPS. Also take into account to have a charged mobilephone if you happen to get into an coincidence and want whatever like mountain rescue.

#1 Paid Online Surveys : http://onlinesurveys.uzaev.com/?Bidh